📑Expository Essay Topics about:
- Social Issues
- Psychology and Philosophy
- Science and Technology
- Ethical Issues
- Social Problems
✍️Expository Essay Topics for:
At college, students often receive an assignment to write an expository essay. It may seem complex to come up with one due to professors' precise attention and quick upcoming deadlines. However, once you get into the field, you'll understand how easy the process might be. The effort is minimum — you have to create a unique topic, come up with an intriguing title, and stick to the structural requirements. If you’re completely out of ideas and need a creative boost, we’ve prepared some topics for you to use further in your studying.
Expository Essay – What Is It?
An expository essay is a short assignment that helps professors to determine how well you understood a certain topic. Usually, it is a paper that requires the description of a specific subject: most learners have no limitations and are allowed to go with their preferences, but rarely can the teacher ask to describe the idea of his choice. Commonly, students need to narrow down one concept or a sole process. However, if you think you can do better research, it’s possible to discuss several concepts or processes.
Before writing your paper, consider that it’s supposed to be objective. It means that you have to avoid expressing your personal opinions and stick to a neutral and realistic view. Due to this fact, a large number of students prefer to write expository essays over argumentative or other types. You don’t have to put in that much effort and spend sleepless nights doing the research. Your final paper has to be straightforward. Still, turn to our expository essay writer if you feel like it’s confusing. You can choose the one that resonates with you the most and will go through the whole writing journey together. Our experts know all the details and requirements of various essay topics. They would help you to create a masterpiece providing you with better word choice, structural advice, and assignment uniqueness.
Another advantage of an expository essay is that you can write about anything. There is a wide range of easy expository essay topics that you can develop and share in your paper. If you can come up with a unique title, that would guarantee a great start. In case you are out of inspiration and would like to look over some examples, we have prepared options within several fields of study to ease your struggles.
Types of Expository Essays
Expository writing involves providing an audience with factual information without bias. The five main types are cause and effect, comparison/contrast, process analysis, problem/solution, and definition. Evidence is used to support claims and explain facts clearly and concisely.
- Cause and Effect Essays
A cause-and-effect essay looks at the causes and effects of an event or situation. It examines the root cause to determine what led to it and what resulted from it. It analyzes the relationship between one event leading to another, as well as multiple causes that result in a single effect or vice versa.
- Comparison/Contrast Essays
A comparison/contrast essay examines similarities and differences between two items or topics. The aim here is to analyze similarities or differences between the two topics and draw conclusions based on these observations.
- Process Analysis Essays
Process analysis essays are focused on giving instructions to readers on how to do something or how a particular process works. It should provide detailed information about each step that’s involved in the task or activity being described – who does what and when? How long does each step take? What tools are needed for each step etc.?
- Problem/Solution Essays
Problem/solution essays center on identifying a particular problem and then proposing one or more solutions that can potentially solve the problem. This expository essay outline should include suggestions for fixing these problems and why they might be effective options. The aim is to identify a situation that needs solving and present possible solutions, discussing their effectiveness in detail.
- Definition Essays
Definition essays provide an in-depth explanation of specific terms chosen by the writer. These definitions can go beyond just the dictionary to encompass various fields such as economics, psychology, and more. Definition essays should explain what these terms mean in different contexts for a better understanding.
Expository Essay Topics About Culture
Culture has always been a prevalent aspect of people’s lives, which makes it a great expository essay topic for students. You can select one direction and narrate about local cuisine, the country’s folk music, a certain poet’s writing, and anything that would be suitable for a subject. Without knowing the distinctive features of such an essay idea, it might be complex to come up with a decent title. The options that you see below are some of the most intriguing and exciting within the cultural field. Consider that even using our sample expository essay topics, you need time to complete the assignment, so start early.
- Development of Jewish culture
- Why is Oriental culture that different?
- How does gambling affect culture in the United States?
- How does culture affect personality?
- Gender inequality in the culture
- Benefits and perks of multicultural education
- Industry of the culture
- Education in Chinese and American culture
- Handling media manipulation properly
- The way political and cultural issues affect you
Expository Essay Topics About Music
To add a bit of entertainment to your studies, you can write an essay about music. The imagination is wide open: talk about the influence of your favorite boys-band on American teenage culture or write a paper about the positive influence of symphony on the human brain. Specifications are completely up to you. Moreover, by picking something of your interest, you will ease your mind and decrease the workload.
- Connections Between Different Genres
- Can Music Be Considered a Propaganda?
- Advancement Of Sound Production
- Correlation of Tunes of Your Motherland and Foreign Countries
- Evolution Of Tunes
- Tunes And Other Types Of Media Comparison
- Explanation of High Cultural and Low Cultural Tunes Explained
- How Tunes Shape The Society Today
- Current Key Points of Itunes Production
- The Connection Between Poetry And Tunes
Expository Essay Topics About Education
The field of education is pretty broad. You can turn to different branches of knowledge, their sources, and teaching methods. Choosing this option is a nice idea if you don't want to put that much effort into doing deep research. Remember that your goal is just to explain and describe one of the processes that are anyhow connected to the educational activity. Below, you'll see several offers from us. One of them may even become the basis of your expository.
- Why Higher Education Has Huge Positive Effect On Career
- Traditional Versus Online Learning
- The Essential Meaning of The Homework
- Teaching: a Complete Struggle or a Noble Profession
- Why People With A Higher Degree Get The Job First
- How to Come Up With a Decent Title for Your Essay?
- The Future Changes of Literature and Its Impact on Society
- How Can You Complete A Perfect Paper?
- How Learning Foreign Languages Benefit Your Life
- Difference between literate and illiterate individuals
Expository Essay Topics About History
Similar to previous suggestions, history has a variety of essay options. You can start from the very beginning of time or select a subject out of current events. Any point on the world’s timeline would be both — interesting for the author to describe and for the audience to read. Make sure to create a solid statement and provide 100% accurate shreds of evidence. In case, use some of our variations as prompts.
- The Changes of Economy after Titanic Sinking
- Spanish-American War: Cultural Effects
- What caused the battle of Germantown?
- Child Labor within Puritan Era
- The Impact of the US on the WWI
- The Impact of the US on the WWII
- Aztectimes Religion
- The Great Depression And Unemployment Of Women
- How the Industrial Revolution Impacted the Planet
- The Outcomes and Consequences of the WWII
Expository Essay Topics About Literature
School always means lots of reading as much as writing. At some point, you will receive an assignment with the descriptive task. You may talk about the main idea of a certain drama or compare the literary features of several works. Although learners frequently get such homework, narration about literature would be harder than other good expository essay topics. For starters, you have to read the whole book to be able to create a title for your expository essay and analyze the writing. Mainly, remember to stay focused and provide enough details.
- Romeo and Juliet: explaining the use of language in Shakespeare's masterpiece
- Examples of Dramatic Irony in Shakespeare's Plays
- Two Examples of Figurative Language and the way it’s implemented in Literature
- The Causes and Clarification of Hamlet and Claudius Dispute
- The Lesson I’ve Learned from My Favorite Shakespeare Play
- The Development of Women Role in Literature
- Opinion Personal Opinion on Character development in Ophelia
- Personal Impression of Romeo and Juliet
- The Importance and Effect of Huge Poems on individuals
- The Author that Changed Your Lifestyle The Most?
Expository Essay Topics About Social Issues
If you’re interested in the way society works and how it correlates to individuals, picking social issues as your expository topic would be suitable action. It gives lots of opportunities to describe and explain certain complications, current problems, and specific processes and elements. You can also account for anthropological and psychological issues when they relate to the social aspect. Be aware that you will need plenty of data and the skill to manage it wisely. First, start with an outline, add a description to each paragraph you’re going to write, and then form a solid essay step-by-step. If needed, apply to the topics proposed by us.
- What Problems Do Young Individuals Regularly Face
- Can You Use Poetry To Deal With Life Problems?
- Why Should Individuals Change Their Appearance?
- Social Issues: Definition and Clarification
- How Essential the Social Structure of Childhood
- The Way Local Community Prevents Crimes
- The View on Abortion: Is It Really Supposed to Be Regulated by Law
- Cyberbullying: The Current Condition and The Way It Affects Individuals
- Beauty Standards Appropriateness
- Does The Government Sets Proper Mandates
Expository Essay Topics About Psychology and Philosophy
Lots of decent expository essay topics take their place in this section. Psychology is a great part of people’s lives, careers, etc. It may be simple and clear on the one hand, but at the same time, complex and versatile on another. Needless to mention, it is one of the hardest ideas to research and requires attentiveness. Yet, it’s easier to come up with a title for an essay as they are based on the individual’s life processes.
- Modifying Lifestyle in 2 weeks: possible or just a myth?
- How to Define the Friend is Lying
- Receptivity of the concept of time by different people
- How Our Specific Features Shape Our Character
- Specifications and Distinctive Features of a Particular Region
- The Main Life-Lesson Elderly People Would Advice
- How to Reduce Stress Among Students
- Mental Disease Description
- Why Do Teenagers Tend To Be Depressed
- What Qualities You Need to Become Popular at School
Controversial Expository Essay Topics
The audience is always keen on something that makes them question the whole process; therefore, a controversial expository essay would be just the option to catch readers' attention. Although it seems entertaining and interesting to dig in, you have to be highly professional and do accurate research. Controversial stories also require staying focused and they have to be written in detail. If you feel like you can handle it, then go for it.
- Dispute: how many negotiations are required
- Communism as a Compound of Dictatorship
- The danger of military activity in Asia
- Art as the Way to Treat Mental Disorders
- The Effect and Outcome of Prohibitions after 20’s
- Main Points of John Kennedy Political Activity
- How important is IQ?
- What Causes Racism?
- Crusaders: good guys or villains?
- How can you become a good therapist?
Expository Essay Topics About Science and Technology
Technology is a crucial part of our world nowadays. Developing subjects out of this field will be exciting and interesting. Choose anything that is relevant and touches on scientific and tech aspects, and try to be specific within the narration. Even the feature perspective of technology may be suitable for your essay title or overall theme. Below are several options that we’ve created to help you to start.
- Current Influence of Tech
- Suitable Projects for Online Format
- The Way Lifestyle Changes 25 Years from Now
- Are People Truly Connected Online?
- AI: Benefits and Drawbacks
- Selling a specific item
- The Invention Of A Specific Object In Your Home
- Description of Another Planet
- Memory and How it Works
- The Causes of Global Warming
Expository Essay Topics About Health
Those students who dream of becoming a doctor or nurse would benefit from selecting health as the field of their research. For starters, you will learn lots of essentials for your future occupation and provide readers with something they didn't know before. You can connect your essay to medication, various diseases, different kinds of procedures, etc. We've tried our best to gather the most remarkable titles to ease your mind and quickly start the writing process.
- How Do Doctors Get Their Licenses?
- Most Common Myths
- How Does Anesthesia Work?
- How does an X-ray machine work?
- Explain Hip Replacement Surgery
- Why Chemically Induced Coma Is Important
- Ebola crisis Explanation
- The Most Complicated Surgeries
- Skin Graft: Definition and Importance
- How To Protect Yourself From Viruses
Expository Essay Topics About Ethical Issues
Living in current society, people often ask themselves why the ethical part of our culture is on such a low level. You can become one of a few learners who would share their essays on a topic like that. Tell the audience about the ethical changes in the US, show them the ways to improve the situation, or mention anything relevant to your preference.
- Caught bullying: report or not?
- Should assisted suicide be legalized?
- Is Plastic Surgery a Good Idea for Kids?
- What if your friend cheats on the test?
- Should Church And Politics Be Completely Separated?
- Should you report if your friend abuses animals?
- Should coaches earn more than professors?
- Should All Companies Increase Data Collection?
- Should the death penalty be mandatory?
- Would you tell if your friend drinks at the prom?
Expository Essay Topics About Social Problems
In comparison to social issues, social problems have a slightly different direction in the field. Here you should write your expository essay about the issues that are happening around you. For instance, global pandemic or discrimination by the color of the skin or sexual orientation, etc. If there is anything that concerns you in terms of social activity, make it the basis of your paper and research the topic from the inside out. Apply our suggestions when you need some inspiration.
- Impact of COVID 19
- Supply chain during the COVID 19 pandemic
- Discrimination by skin color
- Green Energy Convention
- Modern Society: Healthcare Bias
- US soldiers in Afghanistan
- Remote Education Challenge
- Global Vaccination And Pandemic
- The environmental situation in Arctic Pole
- Political Polarization Increase
Expository Essay Topics for Middle School
A middle school is the first place where you get acquainted with such a thing as expository essays. Usually, teachers ask you to describe a simple subject to shape your writing skills and teach you the essay's specifications. You are free to pick anything you want, as the aim of the assignment here is to let children complete the paper all by themselves. Doesn't matter how good the quality will be, but matters how much effort you put into creating it.
- The Way You Spend the First Day of School
- The Picture of Your First Teacher
- Your Weekend with a Favorite Pet
- Your Favorite Hobby and Why
- The Best Place in the World
Expository Essay Topics for High School
Choosing expository essay topics for high school, you need to try something mature and more complex. The title may remain ordinary, but the focus has to be on a broad rank of aspects. But, the initial goal is to practice and get prepared for college expository assignments in the future.
- Can a dog smell fear?
- How do you manage stress?
- Aliens: real or a myth?
- How significant is the universe?
- Can people truly change for the better?
Expository Essay Topics for College
Now you’re at the final level where you have to show all you’ve learned throughout the years. For excellent results, it’s advisable to use online writing tools for college students or ask your professor to give you more guidelines. Still, in creating expository essays for college, you have to put in much more effort.
- Can We Still Save The Earth?
- Internet Utility Dispute
- The Book That Appeals To You The Most
- The Ways Out Of Personal Financial Crisis
- Can Little Things Still Bring Happiness?
Expository Essay Tips
We all have been in these shoes and know how hard it is to write a perfect assignment that meets all the requirements. Therefore, Papers Owl have created a list of useful tips that you will need. Those will be your guidelines and the basis of the perfect essay. Try to have fun and practice at the same time — that would benefit you a lot.
Outline the structure. The average amount of such papers varies between 500 and 800 words. The first and the last paragraphs are indicated for the introduction and conclusion, while the remaining three are for the main body. Overall, your task is to come up with a five-paragraph assignment.
Decide what subject you want to discuss. Always think in terms of your preferences. This way, you can make your work easier because the passion for your topic will motivate you to research more and learn efficiently. Remember that choosing a boring topic will drag you down to the burning deadlines.
Try to make the whole paper using pronouns such as he, she, or it. Writing from such a perspective is obligatory. However, it depends on the specifications of the task. In some cases, professors insist on writing from your perspective.
Avoid watery sentences and be clear while describing the subject. Providing lots of unnecessary information would harm the uniqueness of the text and ruin the initial goal of expository essays, which is a detailed description of a certain topic. Keep your narration brief and simple. Do not use complicated words and constructions.
Don’t write a boring introductory paragraph. Remember, that’s the main part of your assignment. You have to catch the readers' attention and make them want to keep reading. If you write basic and dry sentences, the audience won’t even give you a chance and will skip your article. Put effort into finding rare facts to intrigue your professor.
Check the accuracy of the data that you provide in your paper. Looking through a variety of expository essay outline and essay examples, you will see how crucial it is to be 100% precise. It helps to produce a quality text that answers the title most.
Writing expository essays is one of the numerous assignments schoolers receive from teachers and professors. Although it may seem complex at first, you’ll see the opposite after getting into the field. There are a wide variety of topics and titles you can choose from if you need a little inspiration. Once it's done, the rest comes naturally. You can always turn to your friend, an essay writing service, or just ask your professor to give you some pieces of advice to complete the paper perfectly. By maintaining objectivity and providing an accurate, detailed description, you'll succeed and get a long-awaited solid A.
If you find yourself struggling with writing your essay, you can always turn to services and ask " write me an essay". They provide a comprehensive range of services to help you craft the perfect essay, so you can get the best grade possible.