Argumentative essays are some of the best you can write as a student. This form of an essay can be a powerful tool and really help take your writing to the next level. You must be able to use persuasive language. Moreover, you must be able to back your argument up with facts and figures. Finally, you must also be able to discuss both sides of the argument to give a rounded essay.
There are many good argumentative essay topics in 2019. We live in a diverse and varied world, therefore, you can find easy argumentative essay topics in all walks of life. Choosing topics for argumentative essays is vital for your overall success. If you choose a weak topic, your writing may also suffer. To help, we have gathered 50 awesome essay topics that you can use in your high-school or college level papers.
Technology Argumentative Essay Topics
As you will find, argumentative research paper topics can cover many subjects. One important and relevant subject is technology. Technology is ever-present in our daily lives. Keeping up to date and understanding technology is hugely beneficial for students today. The following are 10 example titles for technology papers:
- Why are smartphones now a necessity for our everyday lives?
- Has social media become too prominent in today’s society?
- Has technology caused a breakdown in language and physical communication?
- How can parents effectively police their children’s internet usage?
- Has technology created an idle society?
- Is the creation of Artificial Intelligence crossing the bounds of morality?
- How will digital money change the way we do business?
- Have tablets and smartphones replaced the need for computers?
- Why are internet forums full of toxic and argumentative behavior?
- EBooks vs. paper books – which should we continue to use?
Argumentative Essay Topics About Animals
We share our world with animals. They play an important role in many aspects of our lives. They help maintain our ecosystem. They also serve as faithful companions, and even as food for sustenance. If you need help and are asking for some to write my argumentative essay, animals could be a great subject to start with:
- Should whaling be globally outlawed?
- How far should we go to protect endangered species?
- Is keeping animals in a zoo inhumane?
- Should the punishment for poaching be increased?
- Is animal fashion ethical? Should it be made completely illegal?
- Should animals be used for scientific testing and medical studies?
- Is it ethical for people to have exotic pets such as Meerkats?
- Is cross-breeding of animals sustainable in the long-term?
- Should animals be used for the purpose of entertainment?
- Should ocean marine animals be kept in captivity?
Argumentative Essay Topics On Immigration
Immigration is a key point of discussion around the world. Never before has this topic been as important and relevant. Throughout the world, immigration is a hot topic as countries suffer from war and economic disasters. In the sections below we have listed a host of immigration essay examples for your benefit:
- Should EU countries accept immigrants from Africa regardless of economic impact?
- What challenges can immigration bring to a countries economy and security?
- What strain and cost do illegal immigration put on a country?
- Is a strict immigration policy beneficial for a country?
- How does immigration affect employment and work opportunities?
- How effective are anti-immigration laws?
- What health screening should be in place during the immigration process?
- Should a country have an immigration cap?
- How can immigration affect countries educational system?
- What effect does port security have on illegal immigration?
Psychology Argumentative Essay Topics
A human mind is a fascinating object. Psychology can provide a wealth of interesting matters to discuss. The below represents 10 examples of argumentative essays relating to this field of human study:
- Mid-life crisis – is it real or a figment of our imagination?
- Dreams – do they possess symbolic meaning or not?
- Our emotional well-being can be affected by our past memories
- Do culturally diverse classrooms help broaden student’s minds?
- Do parents have a duty to discourage traditional gender stereotypes?
- Lie detectors can be hoodwinked?
- Chocolate can help prevent depression and improve our mood
- Being optimistic can help improve your mental health
- How can music evoke different emotions?
- Hypnotism is a scam – it doesn’t have any effect whatsoever
Funny Argumentative Essay Topics
As a student, you must have a balance of serious work coupled together with fun subjects. Funny subjects can help lighten the mood. They can also allow you to use different literary devices and show off a greater range of writing skills. The following are 10 funny argumentative essay topics:
- Is there life on other planets and how likely are we to make contact?
- Is a smartphone or tablet a necessity for teenagers?
- Is it ethical to try and get your parents to give you more spending money?
- How can you spice up a boring winter weekend?
- If you had the choice, would you join a new family and ditch your parents?
- Who make the best parents – Mom’s or Dads?
- Who is the greatest basketball player of all time – Michael Jordan or LeBron James?
- Can dogs think? If so, what goes through their mind on a daily basis?
- What should you do if you forget your parent’s birthday?
- Is the sea blue or merely a reflection of the sky?
We hope you have found this text useful. As you can see, there is a myriad of different argumentative paper titles you can use. The 50 titles we have listed are just the tip of the iceberg – all you have to do is be creative and think outside the box. Look at today’s world, search through the internet and look at news articles too – there is inspiration everywhere.
If you are struggling, you can always gain help by using an essay writing service such as ours. By using a service such as this, you can take away the struggle and stress of creating essay topics. Moreover, you can concentrate on other areas of your studies knowing your argumentative essay is taken care of.