How To Effectively Choose Argumentative Essay Topics?
The unique argumentative essay topics can spark readers' interest and provide ample room for persuasion. This is because argumentative essays turn theories into facts and give a valid argument based on evidence.
They show that the writer has spent a considerable amount of time developing the argument position. People experienced in writing these essays often develop their own rules to follow.
In the end, readers form their own opinions or arguments. These essays can help students understand different subjects with research.
The validity relies heavily on the material. Hence, simple issues need a much more straightforward approach. Nevertheless, you're dealing with a more controversial topic. You have to use many resources to back up your argument and claims.
This brief guide will discuss an argumentative essay and share some important tips for writing such essays effectively. At Papers Owl, we understand the importance of compiling a compelling argumentative essay, so we are here to provide you with some useful advice. We will also share a host of different topics you can write about with us to create a compelling essay easily. Let's begin with our discussion and get started on creating a great argumentative essay.
What Is an Argumentative Essay?
An essay is a kind of academic paper that can introduce different claims regarding both sides of a particular topic. Both sides can balance one if they can dominate. In contrast, the tone of the content will be based on the writer's authority on that particular subject.
The objective here is to convince the readers to change their opinion if they have a different one than the writers. So, you can always hire an argumentative essay writing service.
Now, there are three different models that you can follow when writing these argumentative essays.
- Toulmin model
This essay will contain an introduction featuring the thesis statement followed by the background info fully backed up with evidence from different resources. The essay writer has to list the reasons for supporting the main argument and rebuttals.
- Rogerian model
This argumentative essay model has to weigh both sides of the topic and list down the pros and cons of each. Then, it provides some advice after evaluating each side and in-depth assessment.
- Classical model
In this model, the writer has to introduce a topic and provide a personal solution. It is to be done with your persuasive writing to inform readers that this solution is the best. The objective is to make the readers think and spark inspiration about the topic.
Best Argumentative Essay Tips
How to pick a good topic for your argumentative essay is critical. It might seem that finding the best topic for the essay is something like finding a needle in a haystack, but that is not the case. You can easily choose the right topic for your essay. However, you have to make an outline based on credible sources and follow some core principles. You also can buy an argumentative essay of your choice on any topic.
Most controversial topics here are highly prone to prejudice. And in most cases, they have some unconscious aim to prove some pre-assumed facts.
So, when writing an essay, it is always critical to truly understand both sides of a topic. The best way is to pick a basic and neutral topic to which the writer has an indifferent opinion. For extra help, one can consult an academic advisor or get online essay assistance for guidance and support.
9 Helpful Tips for Choosing an Argumentative Topic
Here you can find plenty of argumentative essay tips that you can follow while choosing easy argumentative essay topics that you want to discuss in your writing:
- First, you must think about the subject matter that interests you. You need to have in-depth knowledge about the topic and whether you can develop an opinion about the topic.
- Consider your experience and consider how well you know a particular topic. You can always present your personal touch to the readers in your essay.
- You need to follow any recent trends regarding the topic. Type some keywords associated with your unique argumentative essay title in Google Trends and see what frequently discussed issues related to your topic.
- Make sure to avoid any themes with a more general or broader perspective. It is important because you have to stay on topic while writing, as it can be pretty easy to discuss some off-topic points. But it generally depends on how lengthy you want your essay to be.
- You can check your primary and secondary resources related to the topic. You can search the internet and see if you can get around enough authentic resources for your essay.
- And stay away from emotionally driven topics because argumentative writing is about staying sober and calm with the judgments.
- Don't forget about your target audience. Will they accept your opinion, or will your essay spark another debate?
- Make sure to find a fun topic, brainstorm, and finalize your list of ideas. You can discuss the list of final topics with your mentors and choose the argument that the majority will vote for.
- Choosing a debatable subject can be risky, but it will work best if you can prove your authority on it with related articles and homework.
Argumentative Essay Topics About Society & Culture
One of the best subjects for your argumentative writing is society and culture. Most people spend their lives based on their moral code. It can be based on individual interests, philosophy, religion, experiences, etc. But everyone has a moral value.
Here is a list of unique argumentative essay topics for college that you can choose based on the subject of society and culture.
- Racial Discrimination: Analyzing Ethnicity and Racism
- Career Path
- Age Limit to Teen Driving
- Discrimination against the LGBTQ Community
- Healthcare - Is it a fundamental human right?
- Television programmers must produce popular family-friendly content as an obligation; should any explicit content be censored?
- Social media has the power to get us together and can pull us apart; do the pros outweigh the cons, or is it the other way around?
- Gap years - Are they a precious time to explore and reflect, or are they a vacation period to get some good rest from the hectic life?
- Some states are decriminalizing marijuana and some other drugs; is it a good decision?
- Equality for all is essential to lawmaking, but is it a part of practice?
- The US Gun Law - The right to self-defense and the right to be exploited.
- Terminal illness - Can someone request medically-assisted suicide?
- Smoking - Should it be banned entirely?
- Best ways to encourage productive conversions on contentious issues.
Great Argumentative Essay Topics About History
If you enjoy studying history, there are tons of different history argumentative essay topics that you can write on. Here are a few to get you started.
- The Civil War is Central
- Olaudah Equiano’s Argument against Slavery was his Life Experience
- Does the Civil Rights Movement have an Effect on the Way Minorities are Treated by Authorities?
- One of the most Important Events
- Julius Caesar in History
- "You should learn from the past" - Sometimes there are home patterns in history; do you think history does repeat itself?
- Did the US Civil War get the country together or pull it apart?
- Thomas Jefferson did make some significant contributions to the founding of the US, but he didn't live a perfect life - Was he a hero?
- Do our modern perspectives and opinions alter the truth of what went down during the significant historical event?
- Did immigrants and other lower socio-economic groups and classes have opportunities in the US during that period (choose the past decade for the topic)?
- World War I & The US - The US was reluctant to join, and when they died, many US soldiers lost their lives - Was it a necessary war for us?
- Native Americans & Their Treatment - How does it leave a moral stain on the US?
- Slavery was fundamental for American colonies and the US; later on - How did this injustice alter the country?
- Reasons behind the rise of Naziism in Germany & The Holocaust - How can these horrors avoid in the future?
- The European plague & the decimation of the continent's population - How did it alter history, and what was its greatest impact?
Argumentative Essay Topics About Family Relations
Here are some interesting argumentative topics associated with the subject of family relations.
- The Impact of Divorce on Children
- Traditional Gender Roles in the Family
- Same-Sex Parenting
- The Role of Extended Family in Child Development
- Discussing the Challenges and Resolution Strategies for Conflicts
- Should mothers stay at home with their children for their best upbringing?
- Do distance relationships work?
- How can bullying and divorce be prevented?
- Can kids recover from the divorce of their parents?
- Is teenage marriage a good idea?
- Should a pregnant teenager keep the baby?
- Domestic violence and teenagers.
- House chores and their distribution in the family.
- Should family members do sports together?
- Are mature and older people better parents?
Argumentative Essay Topics About Education
The following list will give you a good start to writing an argumentative education essay.
- Creativity is a Skill that is Absolutely Necessary for Education
- About Ways of Improving our Education System in its Entirety
- Career Path
- Advantages of Digital Textbooks
- Equality and Segregation in the Los Angeles School District
- Should parents actively participate in child education?
- Grading systems shouldn't be used for judging any student's abilities.
- Should students wear a uniform while attending high school?
- The role of technology in the educational system.
- Should programming be compulsory for all students?
- Pros & cons of studying in a single-sex class vs. mixed one.
- Should all students learn a foreign language?
- Should students be allowed sex education at school?
- Girls should be given an equal opportunity to participate in school sports.
- Should schools possess the right to drug test their students?
Technology Argumentative Essay Topics
Here are some technology argumentative essay topics for your argumentative writing.
- Advantages of Digital Textbooks
- Artificial Intelligence and Job Automation
- The Influence of Technology on Education
- Online Privacy and Data Security
- Virtual Reality and Its Impact on Society
- Smartphones - A blessing or a menace?
- Has technology facilitated us or made us lazier?
- Do Millennials overly depend on computers compared to Baby Boomers?
- Should students learn coding from middle school?
- Is Watson the Cognitive Computer and the like unethical?
- Microwave tech - How does it facilitate our lives, and how does it impact our biology?
- Should the candidates' social media profiles also be considered during the hiring process?
- Should children have their mobile phones?
- Self-driving cars - A blessing or a curse in the future of transportation?
- Is our future in the hands of AI?
Interesting Argumentative Essay Topics About Social Media
These are some interesting argumentative essay topics that you can use to write on the subject of social media:
- Influence of Social Media on Youth
- Examining the Impact of Social Media Use on Psychological Well-being
- Fake News and Disinformation on Social Media
- Assessing the Role and Influence of Influencers in Shaping Consumer Behavior
- Social Media and Political Manipulation
- Does LinkedIn help people in landing a job?
- How much money can you earn from YouTube?
- Is buying different types of social media engagement ethical?
- Celebrity endorsements - are they unethical?
- Has social media devastated real-life communication?
- Has social media made doing business easier?
- Blogging is not a profession, or is it?
- Social media and how it depicts beauty standards?
- Social media and the inferiority complex among teenagers?
- Can we imagine a life without social media now?
Creative Argumentative Essay Topics About Art
Here is a list of creative argumentative essay topics on art.
- Disney World Accommodation Tips Tricks
- The Renaissance Period during the 1400 Century in Florence Italy
- Race and Public Art
- Disney’s Acquisition of Marvel
- The Value of Street Art
- Is music a real art?
- Most of the artists of modern times are 1-hit wonders.
- Should schools need to have art courses?
- Is graffiti a kind of art?
- Should Banksy be considered an artist?
- Is it okay to display art in public places?
- Should modern art be considered timeless?
- Should society support aspiring artists?
- How important is arts education?
- Can commercials be considered good works of art?
Argumentative Essay Topics About Politics
Some of the best political science argumentative essay topics for argumentative writing on politics are as follows.
- Isolationism in the United States
- Should the US Constitution be Amended to State that Corporations are not Persons?
- The Role of Money in Politics
- Electoral College vs. Popular Vote
- The Role of Media in Politics
- Political leaders and their moral obligations.
- Which US political party has the right ideology? (the country can be changed).
- Income inequality - what can be done to reduce it?
- The Current US Deficit - Is paying it down the essential matter of modern times?
- Does printing more money create an unsustainable bubble?
- Pros and cons of capitalism.
- Pros and cons of socialism.
- Is the US ready for a female president?
- What modern political decision has been the most significant social-economic catalyst?
- Does campaign finance reform work?
Argumentative Essay Topics About Economics
Following is the list of some best real-life argumentative essay topics.
- Arguments Arise when Discussing International Trade
- Recycling should be Mandatory
- Divergent Marxism
- Government Intervention in the Economy
- Universal Basic Income
- Is free trade beneficial for developing countries?
- Is it economically justified to set a minimum wage?
- Economic sanctions on other countries, and how do they benefit local companies?
- Pros and cons of immigration and the country's economy.
- Social benefits and their true efficacy in poverty eradication.
- Should the prices of necessities be regulated?
- The impact of high obesity rates on the national economy.
- Should the unemployed people be financed for their own businesses?
- Market regulation in the 21st Century.
- Does climate change positively impact an economy?
10 Argumentative Essay Topics About Health
Following are some healthcare argumentative essays topics for high school students.
- Abortion: Exploring Both Sides of the Debate
- The Arguments against Euthanasia
- Drug Abuse – Destructive Pattern
- Arguments for Legalizing Euthanasia
- Children Vaccination
- Should females over 40 be eligible to receive IVF treatment?
- Is there a link between child obesity and processed foods?
- Is there a connection between fashion and teenage girl anorexia?
- Are low-carb diets healthy?
- Is stress related to cancer in any way?
- Vegetarianism - Is it healthy?
- Can type-2 diabetes be cured with lifestyle changes?
- Can increasing the prices of unhealthy foods helps in reducing obesity?
- If smoking is unhealthy, why is it still legal?
- How effective is Intrinsic motivation in addiction treatment?
What to Write in the Conclusion & How to Format It?
How to end an argumentative essay is equally important as choosing evidence-based argumentative essay topics. And it's your tone that is the most critical aspect of this section of your essay.
You need to speak with authority and bring out your most compelling points from the authority you have gathered.
Give your readers something to think about and form their own opinions. And in the end, you can give your call to action by implementing or correcting a current trend.
Your Take Away
There are many topics for argumentative essays on different subjects. But no matter what you do, you have to present your views in favor and opposition to the topic. Otherwise, your argumentative essay will lose its true essence.
Writing with your personal authority on a topic makes you an expert. Still, you can do some research to identify plenty of authentic platforms in favor and opposition of the topic to write on the best argumentative essay topics. By assessing these resources, you can present your views and opinions. Writing an essay can be daunting, especially when you have a lot of other obligations on your plate. It can be time-consuming and overwhelming, especially if you don't have the necessary skills or knowledge. Fortunately, there are now services available online that allow you to pay for your essay. With these services, you can be sure that your essay will be of the highest quality, and you can focus on other tasks without feeling overwhelmed.