Every type of a scientific investigation, whether it is a small article or a degree-seeking paper, is started with the work on the main structure. The structure for a research paper is limelight of any type of investigation project and it requires some serious consideration as there are numerous aspects regarding the forming of the points that should be highlighted in the work.
We offer you a free guide on how to structure a research paper in the most appropriate manner and tips for writing a research paper outline. Not only could it be a compulsory part of the assignment but an effective means of writing assistance regardless of the writing style, either APA or MLA.
Why Is It Necessary to Maintain the Research Paper Structure?
The structure of a research paper outline is a part of the process that requires maximum attention and scrupulosity, and it has a lot of helpful functions that not only assist during writing but also define the writer as a scientist. The structure has the following functions.
- Expository function. It reflects all the ideas that will be shown in the task.
- Informative function. For potential readers, the structure is a first glance at the issue and the first piece of data that is given to them.
- Structuring function. All the parts of writing, including appendices, tables, and figures, are important details for writing. They will help during writing as they become the reflection of the order of the ideas.
The Structure of a Research Paper Outline
Work on the outline of all types of research papers starts with the simplest method: you need to build up the frame. The basis of an outline is setting the major points of the academic text. Basically, these are the following points:
- References list.
This one seems rather simple and obvious, doesn’t it? However, such a method of organizing a plan is the simplest and most universal one. Each particular type of work demands a more specific approach.
The Main Components of College Research Papers
In the process of working on the structure of a scientific project, you are to be aware of the basic components of a research paper. It will become a great aid for organizing the structure of the text. Here are the major components of a typical investigation text.
- The title page is the start of the investigation that reflects the core idea.
- The abstract contains short generalized information regarding the issue with the presented methodology, goals, and the results of the investigation.
- The introduction is a brief presentation of the main topic combined with a review of the current state of the investigation in the present scientific community.
- Methods/Procedure are tools that are used in order to organize and solve tasks that are required for a successful investigation.
- Findings are the achievements of the completed study.
- Conclusions/Discussion – Are the final words regarding the process of investigation with all published information regarding the investigation.
- The bibliography is the reference list of all the utilized material, both digital and physical sources.
- Appendixes – All supplementary material like charts and statistic materials that describes the situation in the most effective manner.
Research Paper Structure Example
Various sites offer a good deal of structure types on the Internet. A research paper structured in APA or MLA are the most popular ones.
- The importance of the problem.
- The description of the current situation.
- List the objectives of the investigation.
- Organize the process.
- Define the method.
- Describe a potential sample.
- State the procedure of data collection.
- State the results of the gathered material.
- Describe the elements of your work.
- State the key points of the investigation.
- Write the results of the work.
- Analyse the results with the set goals.
- Define the perspectives for the future investigation.
The guide above will assist in your ideas regarding how to plan a research paper and impress your professors with top quality and spotlessness. If you still need help, you can ask research paper writer service that work without days off and around the clock.
Was this helpful?
Sorry about that
How can we improve it?