Biology is an important science that interests many people. Studying it, people often dream about becoming scientists and making their own contributions to the field. Before this happens, they have to go through numerous trials as biology students. One of the most complex trials is writing a research paper.
This form of assignment is difficult and time-consuming as it requires conducting an in-depth study of a particular topic. There are many questions that bother a student who undertakes writing a research paper:
These are only a few questions you should ask yourself whenever there is a need to work on a research project for college, university, or even school. However, one the most significant questions – where to look for good topics for a biology research paper and how to choose one that suits you?
25 Really Good Biology Research Paper Topics!
Work on any academic assignment starts with choosing a topic. This rule applies to all situations, regardless if you have to write a biology lab report, essay, research, or any other paper. Although making a choice is not easy, there are many interesting research paper topics that you can consider and here, we have collected the top 25 most impressive ones:
- Ebola – define the possibility that terrorists could get their hands on it and use it as a biological weapon. How can we prevent this? Do we understand enough about Ebola?
- Neurobiology: study how people remember things and define whether we can rely on our memories when recalling how things really happened?
- Immortality is real: study real creatures that never die of natural causes
- Abortion and society: explain why it is such a controversial topic in most countries
- Plant pathology: the causes behind the most common plant diseases
- Transplantation: how does it work and are there any special precautions that people should be aware of? What are the worst consequences of transplantation? Do we have safer alternatives to do it without transforming organs?
- Homeothermic mammals versus Poikilothermic body temperatures
- How can molecular biological research of rare genetic disorders help us provide keys to understanding cancer and other diseases?
- Homosexuality among animals: study the phenomenon of bisexuality and homosexuality among different species of animals
- The relationship between genetics and obesity
- Hormones: study different chemical reactions driven through the human body with the help of hormones
- The history of Biology. Which development has brought the most benefit for humanity?
- What are the biological implications (rather than moral) of having a child with your first cousin do you know, are they justified?
- Are microbial factories the answers to a shortage of raw metals?
- How is the domestication of wolves possible?
- Study modern theories related to the origins of humankind
- The origin of human cloning and its basic principles
- What key elements have the biggest impact in human eye color and does modern biology give any tools to define the color of the future child’s eyes based on his or her parents’ eyes? Is it only genetics that stands behind eye color?
- The period of gestation: Make a compare and contrast of the nine-month gestation period among people against other mammals, why is the time period different?
- Do you believe that a paleo diet (consists mainly of meat) is how prehistoric people lived? Is it an optimal diet for humans?
- The effect of pollution on people: provide examples of how people have been changing in relation to the increase or decrease in environmental pollution
- The scientific perspective on hypnosis: is it real
- Functions of the immune system: what diseases are caused by its improper functioning; explain the significance of this system for a human’s survival
- Meningitis: compare meningitis as an illness and as a virus, what is the difference between these two phenomena and what causes them? What are the possible ways of treatment?
- Drug addiction: do we know enough about this topic?
This list contains a small portion of many interesting science topics that you can use in writing your own paper. However, even with a brilliant topic, it is still hard to prepare a high-quality biology research paper and not all college students can cope with it. Do you feel like you need some help? Then buy biology paper from our expert writers! Our educated experts will choose the best biology topics for a research paper and write top-level papers within the shortest time!