One of the most complex assignments during college is writing a biology research paper. This assignment requires conducting an in-depth study of a scientific topic that could take a lot of time.
There are many questions that biology student worries about these kinds of papers:
- Where to look for information and how to organize the study?
- Where to start?
- How to edit a research paper?
These are only a few questions you should ask yourself whenever you need to work on a research project for college, university, or school. However, one of the most significant questions is where you can look for good topics for a biology research paper.
25 Really Good Biology Research Paper Topics!
Work on any academic assignment starts with choosing a topic. This rule applies to all situations, regardless if you have to write a biology lab report, essay, research, or any other paper. Although making a choice is not easy, there are many interesting research paper topics that you can consider. Here, we have collected the top 25 biology research paper topics:
- Ebola: what if terrorists could get their hands on it and use it as a biological weapon? How can we prevent this? Do we understand enough about Ebola? (Also, we have some examples of research papers about the Ebola Virus)
- Neurobiology: study how people remember things and define whether we can rely on our memories when recalling how things really happened.
- Immortality is real: study real creatures that never die of natural causes.
- Abortion and society: explain why it is such a controversial topic in most countries. (Also, we have some examples of research papers about Abortion)
- Plant pathology: the causes behind the most common plant diseases.
- Transplantation: how it works and are there any special precautions that people should be aware of? What are the worst consequences of transplantation? Do we have safer alternatives to do it without transforming organs?
- Homeothermic mammals versus poikilothermic body temperatures.
- How can molecular biological research of rare genetic disorders help provide us the keys to understanding cancer and other diseases?
- Homosexuality among animals: study the phenomenon of bisexuality and homosexuality among different species of animals.
- The relationship between genetics and obesity.
- Hormones: study different chemical reactions driven through the human body with the help of hormones.
- The history of biology. Which development has brought the most benefits to humanity?
- What are the biological implications (rather than moral) of having a child with your first cousin?
- Are microbial factories the answers to a shortage of raw metals?
- Is the domestication of wolves possible?
- Study modern theories related to the origins of humankind.
- The origin of human cloning and its basic principles.
- What key elements have the biggest impact on human eye color and does modern biology give any tools to define the color of the future child’s eyes based on his or her parents’ eyes? Is it only genetics that stands behind eye color?
- The period of gestation: Make a comparison and contrast of the nine-month gestation period among people against other mammals.
- Do you believe that a paleo diet is how prehistoric people lived? Is it an optimal diet for humans?
- The effect of pollution on people: Provide examples of how people have been changing in relation to the increase or decrease in environmental pollution.
- The scientific perspective on hypnosis: Is it real?
- Functions of the immune system: What diseases are caused by their improper functioning; explain the significance of this system for a human’s survival.
- Meningitis: Compare meningitis as an illness and as a virus. What is the difference between these two phenomena and what causes them? What are the possible treatment options?
- Drug addiction: Do we know enough about this topic? (Also, we have some examples of research papers about Drug Addiction)
Cell Biology Research Topics
Listed below are some cell biology research topics:
- Molecular Cell Biology of Diabetic Complications
- Cell Biology of Neurogenesis
- Cell Biology of Extracellular Matrix
- Cholesterol Transport Protein with Expanding Role in Cell Biology
- Cell Biology and Molecular Basis of Denitrification
- Cytokines and Endothelial Cell Biology
- Cell Biology of Atherosclerosis
- Cell Biology of Macrophage Activation
- Translating Cell Biology into Therapeutic Advances in Alzheimer’s Disease (Also, we have some examples of research papers about Alzheimer’s Disease)
- Regulation Mechanism in Stem Cell Biology
Marine Biology topics
Listed below are interesting topics in the field of marine biology:
- Marine Biology: Function, Biodiversity, Ecology
- Role of Marine Biology in Glacial-Interglacial Co2 Cycles
- Trace Metal Accumulation in Marine Invertebrates: Marine Biology or Marine Chemistry
- Characteristics, Dynamics, And Significance of the Marine Show
- Marine Biology: An Ecological Approach
- Marine Biology and Biotechnology
- The Biology of Seamounts
- Biology of Marine Birds
- Overgrazing of Algae by Herbivorous Marine Fishes
- Predation On Eggs and Larvae of Marine Fishes and The Recruitment Problem
Molecular Biology Research Topics
Listed below are some ideas for popular biology topics in molecular biology undergraduates:
- Molecular Biology of the Gene
- Basic Methods in Molecular Biology
- The Molecular Biology of Axon Guidance
- Molecular Biology of Prion Disease
- Molecular Biology of Plants
- The Molecular Biology of Memory Storage
- Molecular Biology of GABA Receptors
- Pathogenesis of Dengue: Challenges to Molecular Biology
- Molecular Biology and Pathogenicity of Mycoplasmas
- The Molecular Biology of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
Plant Research Topics
Listed below are science research projects in plant research:
- Microwave-Assisted Extraction – An Innovative and Promising Extraction Tool for Medicinal Plant Research
- Metacyc and Aracyc. Metabolic Pathway Databases for Plant Research
- Rapid Isolation of High Molecular Weight Plant DNA
- The Potential of Raman Microscopy and Raman Imaging in Plant Research
- Agriculture in Developing the World: Connecting Innovations in Plant Research to Downstream Applications
- The Use of Chlorophyll Fluorescence Nomenclature in Plant Stress Physiology
- Plant Nutrition Research: Priorities to Meet Human Needs
- Methods for Research on the Ecology of Soil-Borne Plant Pathogens
- Enhanced Plant Growth by Siderophores Produced by Plant Growth-Promoting Rhizobacteria
- The Experimental Control of Plant Growth
Environmental and Ecology Topics for Your Research
Here is a list of environmental and ecology essay topics for your research:
- The Use of Plants for Environmental Monitoring and Assessment
- The Concept of Environmental Sustainability
- Global Diets Link Environmental Sustainability and Human Health
- Design for Environmental Sustainability
- Economic Growth and Environmental Sustainability: The Prospect for Green Growth
- Population, Resources, Environment: Issues in Human Ecology
- Risk, Environment, And Modernity: Towards A New Ecology
- Seabird Ecology and The Marine Environment
- Ecology and The Aging Process
- Environment and Plant Ecology
Easy Biology Research Topics
The topics below are easy biology research topics:
- Obesity in House Pets
- Male Pregnancy Among Animals
- Birds Behavioral Study
- Camouflage Mechanism in Sea Animals
- Natural Disease Resistance in Plants
- The Prevention Measures in Plant Pathology
- Weedy and Invasive Plants
- Fertilizers and Influence On Plants
- Immunity and Stress
- Asthma and Allergic Reactions
The world of science and biology is vast and this can make research tedious. There are a million interesting topics out there suitable for research. However, you should spend a fair amount of time looking for the appropriate research topic. This allows you to research without excessive stress.
Use our list of interesting science topics to write your own paper. However, even with a brilliant topic, it is still hard to prepare a high-quality biology research paper and not all college students can do it. Do you feel like you need some help? Then buy biology paper from our expert writers! Our educated experts will choose the best biology topics for a research paper and can write top-level papers within the shortest time!
Was this helpful?
Sorry about that
How can we improve it?