An article review is an evaluation of literature. It includes a summary, analysis, and comparison. Such academic tasks teach students to work in different fields, analyze essays written by experts, and improve writing skills. This type of academic assignment does not present new information. A student has to respond to already existing information.
The assignment requires in-depth research and time to find decent arguments. A student has to provide a clear understanding of the topic by discussing theories, ideas, and research. An essay has a certain structure and needs to be formatted according to the given requirements.
There are several types of the assignment: narrative, evidence, and systematic. Follow the guide to learn how to create these three types of academic assignments. Learn how to structure and format an essay with the help of the professional article writing service or get an essay written by a professional tutor.
What Types of Article Reviews Exist?
There are three main types of articles review that you can be asked to write during a college course:
- Narrative. This type requires studying the author's experience. The expert's theories and methods have to be analyzed and compared. The key to writing a successful narrative review is to provide qualitative and logical arguments.
- Evidence. To compose a professional evidence paper, students have to study the subject. To evaluate such an essay, a student has to access information. Discuss the author's idea, detect its impact, and the results of the exploration.
- Systematic. This type of assignment requires studying and analyzing several study papers to summarize existing data about a specific topic. A systematic essay type uses a structured methodology and expects a writer to answer the questions related to the studies.
Different types of articles are united by providing your understanding of the topic. Create an informative title to grab the readers' attention. The title has to be short but concise. Include information about the methods and ideas. Follow the structure of an essay and format it.
Formatting Papers for a University
Most academic papers have to be formatted in APA or MLA style. These are the two required formats at universities. Articles are published in journals, newspapers, or on websites. Check an example of an APA article review and MLA article review format below:
Author's last name, first and middle initial. Publication year. Article title. Periodical Title, Volume(Issue), pp.-pp.
Author's last name, first name, middle initial. “Article Title.” Journal Title, Volume (Issue), Publication year, pp.-pp.
Newspaper article review format
Author's last name, first and middle initial. Year, Month, Date of Publication. Article title. Magazine Title, pp.-pp.
Author's last name, first name, middle initial. “Article Title.” Newspaper Title. Date, Month, Year of Publication, pp.-pp. Print.
Author's last name, first and middle initials. Year, month and the date of publication. Article title. Retrieved from (link)
Author's last name, first name, and middle initial. “Article Title.” Website Title. Website publisher, date, month and the year of publication. Web entries. Date, month and the year when you accessed.
Tips for Writing an Article Review
A review of paper articles is a complicated task that is given to higher degree level students. If you have to write this academic assignment, the most valuable advice is to leave as much time as possible. You will have to learn and write it from scratch.
- Choose one topic and concentrate on it. Sometimes, a review requires studying several methods and ideas. If you can choose the topic yourself, pick the one that interests you
- Create a thesis for your assignment
- Summarize all the key points retrieved from the author's paper and write them down
- Evaluate your own opinion of the author's methods and ideas. All arguments have to be decent and supported by references
- Annotate the chosen sources in your essay. Choose 5 or more sources that helped you evaluate your own opinion about the author's idea
- Follow the basic structure of an academic assignment: the introduction, body, and conclusion. Some review article types may include more paragraphs
- Discuss whether the author is right or wrong. Admit and disagree with the author's thoughts by providing evidence from your research
- Critique the author's paper by detecting unanswered questions, contradictions or disparities
- Check, edit, and improve the review. Make sure there are no grammar errors. Make your homework informative, clear, and interesting. Conduct research in advance to provide an exciting essay. Cite your essay and add references found by you
Use a service like "help me write my essay" choosing one of the top custom writing companies on the Internet. With the help of a professional writer, your essay will have more chances to bring you a higher grade. Order the service online and provide instructions. Specify the deadline and receive a completed assignment.
You can save time and learn how to write all types of review articles. An experienced writing company will guarantee original and plagiarism-free writing, editing and proofreading, as well as revisions if you are not satisfied with the results. It is an affordable way to get a high grade.
Such writing companies provide all types of academic papers for students of all education levels. Buy a paper free of errors and plagiarism online. With an outstanding paper, you will impress your teacher and get praise.
Was this helpful?
Sorry about that
How can we improve it?