In order to be accepted by the referees and to be cited by the readers, your essay should be more than just a chronological record of your research work. Besides, the audience could be divided into two main parts. The first part is the editors of the journals and even the editor teams. The second part is the readers themselves. This could be scientists, your colleagues or even people who do not have deep scientific knowledge.
What Is a Scientific Research Paper
A scientific paper aims to inform and not to impress like other types of essays. They are also supposed to be cited by other researchers and should not be self-centered. To avoid this, your scientific paper should be written according to these common rules.
Scientific Research Paper Format
As a scientific research paper is a special kind of essay, there are some rules of how to compose it in a proper way. There are a few important parts of the essay. Here you can find more information about them.
Despite its location, you should write it last. The introduction should be neither short nor long and it should include a description of the importance of your research and an attractive beginning with perhaps a shocking fact or a cute life story. Additionally, the introduction should have logical links and transitions between ideas.
Materials and Methods
In the Materials and Methods section, you should describe what you have used in conducting your research and how they were used. Sometimes this section follows the introduction, but in other cases, the authors place it at the end.
Results and Discussion
In the Results and Discussion section, you should write about the results of your research. It is important to not just write about the outcomes but also interpret the outcomes as well. You should explain why have gotten those results and not opposite ones.
The conclusion, being opposite of the introduction should identify the usefulness of your discoveries for science and society. The conclusion should not be very long, but it should contain main concepts.
Scientific Topics for Research Papers
Some examples of scientific topics for research papers:
- Does eating sugary foods or drinking soda increase aggression?
- Is climate change good for some ecosystems? (Also, we have examples of essays about Climate Change)
- How are scientists using genetic information to help preserve species?
- Can stem cells be used to help obese children?
- Can venom from butterflies actually be used in medical treatment?
- Does eating antioxidants help in preventing diseases?
- Is the problem with changing emission standards political or technological?
- Can people overcome peanut allergies?
- Why are so many children now tested to be deficient in vitamin D, and how does this affect them?
- What is inflammatory bowel disease? Can the food you eat help you avoid this?
- What is the importance of micro-organisms which live inside and on humans?
- Does a mother's depression during pregnancy affect her baby's brain?
- Can talk therapy really change the brain?
- How does PTSR affect people's lives?
- Do unborn infants need to hear their parent's voices?
- Is the greenhouse effect real?
- Is reducing emissions in the United States going to make a significant difference globally?
- Are amphibians really in decline?
- Do diseases in wild animals hurt humans?
- Can coral reefs be regenerated?
- Scientists are predicting that we have entered the “End of the Antibiotic Era.” What era will be the next?
- What are alternatives to antibiotics?
- Does earwax contain clues to our environment? Can those clues help doctors diagnose us?
- How important is it to make policy changes that affect greenhouse gasses?
- What is intelligence? How can it best be measured?
- How can teenage depression be best diagnosed and treated?
- Are most homeless people mentally ill? (Also, we have some examples of essays about Homelessness)
- Can people be cured of multiple-personality disorder?
- Are there existing technologies which would let us reduce greenhouse gases now?
- How can we prevent suicide? (Also, we have some examples of essays about Suicide)
You should follow these tips to make your research paper up to date, especially when you want your scientific paper to be published.
Was this helpful?
Sorry about that
How can we improve it?