Human Resources is one of the most popular and essential topics for the business minded. If you remember your basic economics, you may remember that the basic components necessary for production in any kind of economy are Land, Capital, and Labor.
Human labor is an essential resource that keeps a business running. Like any other resource, it must be managed. This is where the term “Human Resources” and Human resources research topics come in.
At most large companies, ‘Human Resources’ is an entire department of its own. Most other departments at the company typically deal with producing a good or service. Others, like the public relations department, work with the media and other external affairs. Hence, there are many ways to approach HR research topics.
With so many moving parts working together in one company, it is natural for confusion or conflicts to arise. In order to make sure all these departments, employees, and managers work together, Human Resources is essential. In companies with hundreds of employees, their job simply cannot be understated.
Those who are interested in working in the field could take their first steps by writing a paper on human resource management topics. There is a huge variety of possible human resource topics for research papers, so it is likely that everyone will find some aspect of it they enjoy.
Having relevant data for research paper is easy if you know where to look. There are lots of online sources and books in libraries to use in your task. Make sure you spend enough time on planning before writing your task.
How to choose a Human Resources topic for your project?
Selecting human resource research topics is not as simple as simply choosing the title and proceeding to write it. In order to get a good grade, the paper must be original and well researched. It needs to cover all relevant aspects of the chosen HR topics.
Writing a research paper is a very structured and analytical process. This is true for all fields, including human resources research topics.
The first step is topic selection. This is where we can help you. This page features a list of over 90 human resources topics. If you are having problems coming up with your own ideas, please choose from this list instead.
These titled papers all have a great deal of material out there. They are each trending topics in HR for research and have plenty of resources available out there on the internet. Each of them is also relevant to the actual field of human resources management.
Studying human resources is a crucial part of management studies. Whether you are a college or university student, you can buy paper online to save time and effort. There are lots of reputable services that can provide excellent assignments to boost your academic performance.
So, while writing a research paper is not a typical or common activity for an HR employee, it will give you a lot of insights and information. These insights could give you a leg up in the future when you have graduated from School and College.
Human Resources Management Research Topics
- How HR helps companies remain competitive in a global market.
- Managing part-time, full time, and freelancing employees.
- How much paid leave is optimal?
- What occasions deserve raises and bonuses?
- The simplest way to resolve interpersonal conflicts.
- The most effective team-building strategies.
- Organizing teams according to personalities.
- Can an introverted employee be a good team leader?
- How to improve productivity through a goal-oriented approach.
- The agile method and how it helps.
- The best way to utilize productivity metrics.
- Methods for disciplining employees.
- How to manage international employees.
- Preventing workplace violence.
- Benefits of regular psychological counseling for all employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity HR Research Topics
- Are women more likely to get paid less for the same position as a man?
- Do men and women deserve the same pay?
- How to manage equal opportunity employment?
- The best tactics for implementing equal opportunity.
- Recruiting as an equal opportunity employer.
- How to recognize and manage discrimination in the workplace.
- The glass ceiling and how to break it.
- Best practices for mediating disputes between employees.
- Dealing with intimate relationships between employees.
- How to create a diverse workplace?
- Making the workplace an inclusive and accessible place for disabled employees.
- Preventing unfair discrimination against LGBT+ employees.
- The costs of an unequal workplace.
- The benefits of a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Government requirements for equal opportunity.
Career Development HR Research Topics
- Creating leaders among employees.
- Why does professional career development matter?
- How career development helps both employees and organizations.
- The best approaches to on-the-job training.
- Should training be prioritized over completed current work?
- Best practices for training interns.
- Should interns be paid more?
- Professional certification training for employees.
- How does active professional development affect productivity?
- Is it worth it to help an employee develop if they find a new, better-paid job afterward?
- Skills that all employees should develop.
- Must-have training and development for all employees.
- Advantages and disadvantages of paying for an employee’s professional training.
- Advantages and disadvantages of leading professional development sessions.
- Should companies help employees pay for school?
Research Topics on Recruitment and Selection
- What does the ideal new employee look like?
- When is the best time to recruit a new employee?
- When is the worst time to recruit a new employee?
- Should highly skilled but untested individuals be recruited for senior positions?
- Best practices for improving employee retention.
- How to attract good employees?
- The best platforms to recruit on.
- Is social media an effective way to recruit?
- What kind of employees should small businesses look for?
- What kind of employees are needed for a large company?
- Criminal background checks – Do’s and Don'ts.
- How to effectively assess skills during an interview.
- How does HR evaluate a potential new recruit?
- Is it better to recruit an employee with experience but no skill, or the other way around?
- Recruiting university graduates directly – a good idea or a bad one?
HR Risk Management Topics
- What kind of risks does HR have to manage?
- What role does HR take in risk management?
- How does HR ensure worker protection?
- Is HR there to protect employees or protect the company?
- Legal measures HR can take.
- Risk management during the covid-19 pandemic.
- How HR managed risks revolving around covid-19.
- Reasons to carry out regular internal audits.
- Risk management among the ‘#metoo’ movement.
- Training the workplace to minimize potential risks.
- Risk management when working from home.
- Ways to ensure all your employees follow masking and social distancing rules.
- Ways to ensure all employees get vaccinated.
- Responding to a legal action taken by an employee.
- When should HR take legal action?
Workplace Safety HR Topics
- How to ensure compliance with workplace safety rules.
- The consequences of not following workplace safety.
- Ways to prevent osha violations.
- How to ensure all employees follow health and safety protocols?
- How to ensure all employees get vaccines?
- Fines and penalties for violating workplace safety rules.
- Consequences of violating safety rules.
- Steps to minimize or prevent burnout.
- Bringing dangerous weapons into the workplace.
- Steps to take when an employee is assaulted at work.
- How to ensure psychological wellbeing during remote work.
- Ensuring company leadership also follows safety roles.
- Combating sexual harassment at the workplace.
- Monitoring employees during remote work – is it ethical?
- Developing specialized safety standards for the workplace.
Trending HR Topics
- Unique ways to keep morale up during the pandemic.
- Online recreational activities to develop teamwork during remote work.
- Use of VR and AR in the workplace.
- Famous figures or celebrities in the workplace.
- Analyzing and updating how much a particular job is worth.
- Steps to take to improve long-term retention.
- Ways to handle overqualified employees or applicants.
- Is an HR department necessary for smaller, family-owned businesses?
- Defusing a tense and volatile moment in the workplace.
- DRM tools for keeping in-house training methods proprietary.
- Use of artificial intelligence for HR topics and tasks.
- How big data is useful to human resources.
- Virtual and online onboarding and orientation.
- Hiring the most talented personnel from a global marketplace.
- Are virtual interviews better than in-person interviews?
HR is one of the most dynamic fields of work currently available. It is at the crossroads of psychology, sociology, accounting, and business. In the last few years, there have been many exciting changes in how human resources are handled, due to the rise of virtual platforms and working from home.
Only time will tell if these changes are temporary or permanent. But whichever way they go, our list of HR essays will always be here for perusal.