Though we live in the present, there is a lot that we can learn from our past.
History is the study and analysis of the past events that shaped our present and will continue to have a great
impact on the future. So, what does learning history mean to students? A lot of students are interested in
finding history research paper topics because most of these interesting events need validation, justification,
Every college and school student is always interested in studying the past because
it promotes their ability to analyze and interpret. They get to know the truth about real events and reasons
behind famous situations and this changes their outlook on life. When you spend time working on a good topic,
it automatically increases your social and political awareness. You become more informed and more interested in
changing the future of others.
But how can you choose an interesting topic for your assignment? Finding a good
topic can be stressful and is why a lot of students are concerned about finding the best tips
on writing a historical paper. First, you will have to focus on your college or school class’ topic.
General topics like Ancient Greek History or American History can be the outline you work with. Next, you
shouldn’t rely on traditional sources. You should be able to explore topics from a different angle. Last, you
should make sure the topic personally interests you. You can never finish a good academic assignment if you
don’t like the subject you are writing about.
US History Research Paper Topics
A lot of students who are interested in finding good topics on history research
paper will think about American history. Below are some interesting topics you can pick for your next
- Native Americans: The truth about their religion, relationship with the
environment, and culture.
- Salem Witch Trials: What were the real causes and how did they affect the
- Women in Colonial America: What was the real role of women? What were their
rights? How did this affect the community?
- American Revolution: What were the main causes and how did it become a
- Mexican War: What were the real causes of the war? Understanding the true
effect on both countries.
- Gold Rush: How did it change life in the USA and contribute to the development
- Pre-Civil War conflicts over slavery: Did all Americans approve slavery?
Understanding the effects of the Nat Turner Rebellion.
- African American soldiers in the Civil War: Understanding challenges they
faced and how they contributed to the war.
- The Reality about the West: Understanding the difference between myths and
reality concerning famous figures that lived in the West like Wyatt Earp and Buffalo Bill.
- Labor unions in the 1800s: Why did they form? How did they affect economic and
social life in the USA?
- Immigration in the late 1800s: Understanding the reasons behind the increase
in the number of immigrants. How did they adjust to life in the USA?
- Child labor in the late 1800s: Why did children have to work hard? How did
this affect the community?
- World War I: Understanding how the US got involved in the war and how it
affected the economy.
- Mississippi River Flood of 1927: How did this event affect life in the South?
Understanding its impact on racial issues and on economic development.
- Amelia Earhart: Who was she? What is the truth about her life and death?
- World War II: How did society react to the war? What were the roles of women
and the effect of the war on several nationalities living in the USA?
- JFK and the Cuban missile crisis: What was the real reason behind the
standoff? Understanding and evaluating the actions of JFK.
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s assassination: Who was responsible? How did it
affect the African-American community in the USA?
- Sept. 11, 2001 attacks: What were the reasons? How did they affect American
- Hurricane Katrina: Why was flooding so severe? How did the government and the
people of America respond?
World History Research Paper Topics
You might ask yourself how
to find sources for a research paper. All you need is to make sure you have a good topic and spend your
time doing adequate data collection and analysis. Here are some popular subjects you can choose for your
- The Industrial Revolution: How did it affect your country and the whole world?
- The French Revolution; How did it affect life in Europe and other parts of the
- The Vietnam War: Understanding the causes and effects.
- The Cold War: Understanding its consequences in the whole world.
- The Crusades and Jihad: What are the similarities and differences?
- British Colonialism: How did it affect life in several parts of the world?
- Independent African Countries: Understanding the conflict and how these
countries managed to succeed.
- The Most Important Monarchs of Ancient Egypt: How did Egyptian culture
influence other countries?
- The Power of the Pope: A study of the rise of the power of the Pope in the
- World War I: How did the life change in Europe after World War I?
- Hitler: A study of his life and the impact he had on millions of people.
- African Countries in World War II: Understanding the progress of the military
operations in North Africa during World War II.
- Propaganda: How did it play an important role from ancient times until now?
- The Sexual Revolution: What are the causes and consequences?
- The Japanese Wonder: How did Japan rebuild itself after the war?
Controversial Topics In History For Research Paper
There are a lot of controversial topics in history that can make your assignment a
- The History of the Jews in the World.
- Who Actually Built the Pyramids?
- The Life and Death of Alexander the Great.
- The History of Islamic Jihadists.
- The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire.
- The Kingdom of the Assassins in Asia.
- The Truth About Life in the Middle Ages.
- Queen Elizabeth. The truth about her life.
- The Spanish Inquisition.
- Child Labor in England.
- The Battle of Hastings and how it affected life in England.
- The Boston Tea Party.
- Slavery in America.
- The Watergate Scandal.
- America’s Policies towards Immigrants in the 21st century.
How to Find Sources For History Research paper
Finding reliable sources for your academic assignment is not easy. You need to make
sure you are collecting reliable data that can enrich your assignment. You can also get help if you choose to buy a history research paper from a reliable service to
guarantee the best grades.
Writing a good task is not difficult if you follow the right steps. Make sure you
pick a relevant topic and you will be able to submit an excellent assignment.