Though we live in the present, there is a lot that we can learn from our past. History is the study and analysis of the past events that shaped our present and will continue to have a great impact on the future. So, what does learning history mean to students? A lot of students are interested in finding history research paper topics because most of these interesting events need validation, justification, and explanation.
Every college and school student is always interested in studying the past because it promotes their ability to analyze and interpret. They get to know the truth about real events and reasons behind famous situations and this changes their outlook on life. When you spend time working on a good topic, it automatically increases your social and political awareness. You become more informed and more interested in changing the future of others.
But how can you choose an interesting topic for your assignment? Finding a good topic can be stressful and is why a lot of students are concerned about finding the best tips on writing a historical paper. First, you will have to focus on your college or school class’ topic. General topics like Ancient Greek History, American History or music history paper topics can be the outline you work with. Next, you shouldn’t rely on traditional sources. You should be able to explore topics from a different angle. Last, you should make sure the topic personally interests you. You can never finish a good academic assignment if you don’t like the subject you are writing about.
US History Research Paper Topics
A lot of students who are interested in finding good topics on history research paper will think about American history. Below are some interesting topics you can pick for your next assignment:
- Native Americans: The truth about their religion, relationship with the environment, and culture.
- Salem Witch Trials: What were the real causes and how did they affect the community? (Also, we have some examples of research papers about Salem Witch Trials)
- Women in Colonial America: What was the real role of women? What were their rights? How did this affect the community?
- American Revolution: What were the main causes and how did it become a success? (Also, we have some examples of research papers about American Revolution)
- Mexican War: What were the real causes of the war? Understanding the true effect on both countries.
- Gold Rush: How did it change life in the USA and contribute to the development of California.
- Pre-Civil War conflicts over slavery: Did all Americans approve slavery? Understanding the effects of the Nat Turner Rebellion. (Also, we have some examples of research papers about Slavery)
- African American soldiers in the Civil War: Understanding challenges they faced and how they contributed to the war. (Also, we have some examples of research papers about the Civil War)
- The Reality about the West: Understanding the difference between myths and reality concerning famous figures that lived in the West like Wyatt Earp and Buffalo Bill.
- Labor unions in the 1800s: Why did they form? How did they affect economic and social life in the USA?
- Immigration in the late 1800s: Understanding the reasons behind the increase in the number of immigrants. How did they adjust to life in the USA?
- Child labor in the late 1800s: Why did children have to work hard? How did this affect the community?
- World War I: Understanding how the US got involved in the war and how it affected the economy. (Also, we have some examples of research papers about WWI)
- Mississippi River Flood of 1927: How did this event affect life in the South? Understanding its impact on racial issues and on economic development.
- Amelia Earhart: Who was she? What is the truth about her life and death? (Also, we have some examples of research papers about Amelia Earhart)
- World War II: How did society react to the war? What were the roles of women and the effect of the war on several nationalities living in the USA? (Also, we have some examples of research papers about WWII)
- JFK and the Cuban missile crisis: What was the real reason behind the standoff? Understanding and evaluating the actions of JFK. (Also, we have some examples of research papers about JFK and Cuban Missile Crisis)
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s assassination: Who was responsible? How did it affect the African-American community in the USA? (Also, we have examples of research papers about MLK)
- Sept. 11, 2001 attacks: What were the reasons? How did they affect American security policies?
- Hurricane Katrina: Why was flooding so severe? How did the government and the people of America respond?
World History Research Paper Topics
You might ask yourself how to find sources for a research paper. All you need is to make sure you have a good topic and spend your time doing adequate data collection and analysis. Here are some popular subjects you can choose for your upcoming task:
- The Industrial Revolution: How did it affect your country and the whole world? (Also, we have some examples of research papers about Industrial Revolution)
- The French Revolution; How did it affect life in Europe and other parts of the world? (Also, we have some examples of research papers about the French Revolution)
- The Vietnam War: Understanding the causes and effects. (Also, we have some examples of research papers about the Vietnam War)
- The Cold War: Understanding its consequences in the whole world. (Also, we have some examples of research papers about the Cold War)
- The Crusades and Jihad: What are the similarities and differences?
- British Colonialism: How did it affect life in several parts of the world?
- Independent African Countries: Understanding the conflict and how these countries managed to succeed.
- The Most Important Monarchs of Ancient Egypt: How did Egyptian culture influence other countries?
- The Power of the Pope: A study of the rise of the power of the Pope in the Middle Ages.
- World War I: How did the life change in Europe after World War I?
- Hitler: A study of his life and the impact he had on millions of people. (Also, we have some examples of research papers about Adolf Hitler)
- African Countries in World War II: Understanding the progress of the military operations in North Africa during World War II.
- Propaganda: How did it play an important role from ancient times until now?
- The Sexual Revolution: What are the causes and consequences?
- The Japanese Wonder: How did Japan rebuild itself after the war?
Controversial Topics In History For Research Paper
There are a lot of controversial topics in history that can make your assignment a great success:
- The History of the Jews in the World.
- Who Actually Built the Pyramids?
- The Life and Death of Alexander the Great. (Also, we have some examples of research papers about Alexander the Great)
- The History of Islamic Jihadists.
- The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire.
- The Kingdom of the Assassins in Asia.
- The Truth About Life in the Middle Ages.
- Queen Elizabeth. The truth about her life.
- The Spanish Inquisition.
- Child Labor in England.
- The Battle of Hastings and how it affected life in England.
- The Boston Tea Party.
- Slavery in America.
- The Watergate Scandal.
- America’s Policies towards Immigrants in the 21st century.
How to Find Sources For History Research paper
Finding reliable sources for your academic assignment is not easy. You need to make sure you are collecting reliable data that can enrich your assignment. You can also get help if you choose to buy history papers from a reliable service to guarantee the best grades.
Writing a good task is not difficult if you follow the right steps. Make sure you pick a relevant topic and you will be able to submit an excellent assignment.
Was this helpful?
Sorry about that
How can we improve it?