An academic argumentative research paper demands a lot from students and writing a scientific paper require the most focus. If you’re having difficulty wondering how to put your paper together, let alone carry out the necessary research, we are here with the answers. Read on to see how you can draft the best argumentative texts.
What Is an Argumentative Research Paper
The argumentative research paper provides a clear position supported by evidence. As a result, consider the value of your thesis statement and any supporting information you have. A common strategy with this work is to state your claim, give a general background of the situation, and deliver facts to support your claim.
Difference Between Argumentative Essay And Research Paper
A standard research paper can be debatable or leave an open-ended conclusion. An argumentative paper has a concrete conclusion that the argumentative essay topics for college support throughout. A strategy students use to develop these papers is to consider any possible truths or absolutes and build your topic from there.
What Is A Good Topic For An Argumentative Research Paper
If you’re in the market to choose a topic for a paper, be sure to select something decisive. Also, be sure to believe in your topic. Students who don’t have an honest conviction will find it difficult to support their argumentative research paper ideas. You’ll also want your topic to be relevant and of contemporary interest. Some historical debates may not hold a readers interest today.
The Argumentative Research Paper Structure
Your Argumentative research paper outline may seem similar to many academic papers but there are a few sections which make it stand out. Let’s go through the format of your assignment according to the University of Washington.
Like most papers, the introduction serves to generate interest for the reader to continue with your text. You’ll state the topic, as well as introduce background information you’ll develop to formulate your statement. And last, you state your claim.
Here you inform the cause of a current event or situation surrounding the issue you’ve investigated. You’ll write about the state of current knowledge and reference any work that influenced your question.
The body of your paper will consist of the supporting paragraphs to make your case. It is important to start with your strongest and most interest arguments first. Also, be sure you start off with a wide scope of the issue before going into smaller details. This will ensure your audience is informed of your topic and how the details fit into the big picture.
A unique feature of this paper is you state the counterclaims against your position. This gives the audience confidence that your ideas are well-vetted and not just suppositions that haven't been tested for truth. A good counter-argument will try to put holes in your arguments and expose weaknesses. The benefit of these texts is to show that points are thoroughly investigated and are worthy of consideration.
The most important part of the conclusion is to validate your claim. Restate your position and pick a few points of your paper to rephrase that shows the importance of your position. You may also give a call to action based on your findings.
How to Choose Argumentative Research Paper Topics
First of all, you should know what will you be writing about. You should determine the theme of your article. Start with a branch of science and then narrow it down. After a few steps of narrowing it down, you will get an idea for your composition. You should select something you are interested in as this simple tip will help you write a composition.
Argumentative Research Paper Topic Ideas
If you have problems with choosing a interesting research topics you can find some ideas in our blog. Choosing a topic can be quite painstaking. These assignments can prop up in almost any subject area. So whether you are looking for American essay topics or history research paper topics, we have you covered. Take a look at the following list and pick one out for yourself.
Current Topic Ideas For Argumentative Paper
- Should everyone pay taxes?
- Does the right age for drinking exist?
- Animal abuse and problems of animals living in captivity.
- Legalized prostitution.
- DACA repeal and its importance.
- Is military action really effective against international terrorism?
- Do we have to talk about feminism that much?
- Homelessness: whose fault is it?
- Shorter work weeks.
- Doping and sports: possible misunderstandings
- Is money the root of all evil?
- Why social values in America are in retreat
- New York gentrification -- from a rotting apple to a successful metropolis
- The digital revolution and how it transformed society
- Reality TV and its false impact
- Confirmation bias in social media
- Creating your own biodiesel for sustainability
- People care more about the suffering of animals than of people
- The vegan revolution is ruining our cities.
- The case for legalizing marijuana
- Is free speech or weaponized speech?
- The need to eliminate safe spaces
- How the minimum wage cripples employment
- Budget transfer payments and price theory
- Curbing fake news and erroneous fact-checkers
- Social media is too powerful
- Implementing the green new deal
- Effective solutions to curb illegal immigration
Good Argumentative Essay Topics On Family And Healthcare
- What is the minimum wage in your state?
- Controversy over children being made into models.
- You’re allowed to be cast in adult movies when you’re 18. But it’s not OK for you to buy alcohol until you’re 21?
- Should a gay family adopt a child?
- Food safety training and its outcomes.
- Extended breastfeeding: pros and cons.
- Incest: why is this love forbidden?
- Child advocacy: is it effective enough?
- Video games: leisure, or abuse?
- Tolerance for nudism and naturism.
- Premarital sex: is it a problem in American society?
- Post-birth abortions.
- Why marriage is outdated
Argumentative Research Paper Topics On History And Politics
- The Pledge of Allegiance: was adding “under God” in 1954 the right choice?
- Does the Gold Rush impact California’s native communities?
- Native American sovereignty issues.
- Fallacies of Afro-centrism.
- Anti-Semitism in the world today.
- What isn’t worth going to war for?
- Southern border control: insights.
- Reaganomics and the rebirth of classical economics
- David Koresh and how a cult defined organized religion
- Civilians don’t belong in space -- a look at the challenger accident
- The war on terror and how it failed to win over the middle east
- Governments should stay out of the cartel business -- examining Pablo Escobar
- Al Gore did not invent the internet
- Slick willy -- examining corruption in the Clinton administration
- Oj Simpson -- real justice or racist justice?
- Freedom of information won the cold war
- Gary Condit -- how 9/11 cleared him of murder
So if you like to argue and win, pick out a winning topic and present it to your class. Be sure to consider your counterclaims and build a strong statement that speaks with confidence. University has tight deadlines and we are here to assist you however you need help. Reach out to us at PapersOwl to get any assistance you need.
Was this helpful?
Sorry about that
How can we improve it?