Selecting topics for a psychology paper can be difficult, but if you choose the right one, it will be a lot easier for you to write the whole paper. Deciding what to write about is one of the most important steps of the process. Take some time to consider all options. Make sure to choose something you will be passionate about as you are going to work on it for a long time while writing your college assignment. Picking out something interesting can, no doubt, help you stay motivated.
To make a decision on what to write about in your assignment, ask your college professor for a hint or simply browse the Internet. Do not try to look smarter by choosing some rare or difficult area as well as something that is easy to write about – it will only make you look silly. Plus, a popular topic will make it harder for you to come up with fresh and valuable ideas. Not that it is obligatory for a college paper, but if you want to avoid plagiarism charges, you should focus on something special.
If you are still unsure what your write-up is going to be about, get inspired by the list of good topics we’ve compiled for you below.
Developmental Psychology Research Paper Topics
Choosing what are you going to write about can be difficult, but thinking about how to collect data for research project can be even harder. Don’t worry, we will talk about it later. Let’s take a look at the topics!
- Adulthood and aging.
- The five developmental stages of a child.
- What role does the media have to play in facilitating violence?
- What place do gender roles have in modern society?
- How can parental development influence child development?
- Genetics and developmental disabilities.
- Memory and age.
- How does short-term memory change as a person ages?
- What are the 4 stages of intellectual growth?
- Does eating breakfast have a positive effect on children’s school performance?
Child Psychology Research Paper Topics
Crafting a topic in psychology is not easy, especially when it comes to writing about children. Take a look at the list below, and decide whether you want to work in this field.
- Early childhood.
- Children’s mental health.
- Stages of human development.
- Social development of children.
- The influence of television on children.
- Children’s emotional development.
- Impact of teenage sexting on children.
- Violent music – the impact on children.
- Are child obesity and parental negligence linked?
- What not saying “NO” to your child can lead to?
Social Psychology Topics For Research Paper
Social psychology is one of the most diverse subfields of this science, and many students struggle with it. If you have decided to work in this field, try to find some tips on writing a psychology research paper before you start working on it.
- Social cognition and depression.
- How can members of society adjust to physical disabilities?
- How can one adapt to physical illnesses?
- How do people react to social norm violations?
- How good are people at detecting lies?
- The steady rise of divorce in society.
- The negative impact of hate crimes on communities.
- Find the link between television and obesity.
- The effects of stress on preterm deliveries.
- Social interaction and how to go about it.
Controversial Topics In Psychology
So, what are the most controversial topics in psychology?
- Is it ethical to have clients as Facebook friends?
- Ethics of the Milgram experiment.
- Are women always the victims, or are they also perpetrators of domestic violence?
- Crime as a justification for coping with past trauma – how justified is it?
- Social networks, online dating, and their impact on teenagers.
- Ethics surrounding the Stanford prison experiment.
- The adult content in cartoons and animes.
- Fetishes and sexually deviant behavior.
- Child sexual abuse – when a parent is a perpetrator.
Do not expect choosing a psychology topic for your paper will be a quick or easy task! Remember research takes quite a long time and usually takes even more time than you expect, so do not choose a topic that doesn’t excite you. It is easier to stay motivated and keep writing your project paper when you choose something you are genuinely interested in and passionate about.
After you’ve decided on what are you going to write, the next step is to start searching for some information about it. Take a deep breath and begin your research by looking through encyclopedias, textbooks, and pay attention to all the sources that are cited in the readings. Pay a visit to the library, use its catalogs to search for different books. You can also look through online databases like PsycNET, or PsycINFO to find more recent information.
We hope you have found our examples useful. So, feel free to use any of them while working on your assignment! We understand how hard and challenging school tasks are, so if you are struggling with your paper, don’t be afraid to contact us – we will do it for you!
Selecting the proper topic is the most important part of approaching any paper, especially when it comes to complex disciplines such as psychology. There are many branches in this discipline, so choosing one perfect topic might be even more challenging than it seems. That is why we have some general suggestions for you so you could choose your perfect topic yourself.
- Developmental Psychology
Developmental psychology is one of the most popular fields here since it studies the cognitive development of an individual throughout the entire lifespan. When you write your paper, you might want to check PapersOwl to make things a bit easier for you. Here, we have some general ideas on where you might want to start:
- Adulthood and aging
- Developmental stages
- Memory and aging
- Gender and the development of a child
- Child Psychology
This is yet another exciting field of psychology that focuses on the peculiarities in the development of the child. This is also a prolific ground for finding a proper topic for your paper:
- Influence of video games on children
- Emotion development of a child
- Does death metal make children smarter?
- Society and children’s cognitive development.
- Wrap Up
There are more branches of psychology you might want to discuss, so you need to take your specialization into account when choosing a proper topic for your study. There are different topics to choose from, so you just need to pick the one that suits you best and would potentially make for a great paper.
Was this helpful?
Sorry about that
How can we improve it?