Philosophy has accompanied humanity since ancient Egypt, Babylonia and Persia when people already had the rudiments of reasoning in philosophy. We know about its emergence as a photographic phenomenon, which in its essence, did not differ from a worldview. Ultimately, this resulted in philosophy - an academic discipline or concentrated wisdom.
However, classical teachings may seem vague and mysterious. And what about writing a philosophical essay? The main factor is the presentation of one's thoughts. That is why the main factor for its successful writing is the paper's topic. In this article, we have selected philosophy essay topics that can be useful for you.
What is Philosophy Essay?
Philosophy essays have their peculiarities when writing. Most other types of essays require research and study of the topic and have certain stable postulates that we can rely on when composing the paper. But philosophical essays can bypass these rules. The student must express his own opinion and justify it.
It is simple on free topics, but if the subject of your work is the classical teachings of philosophers, this can become a problem. Sometimes it is better to give your work to a professional psychology essay writing service and be sure of a great result than to spend days or weeks studying classical theories. In addition, philosophy is often a secondary subject that doesn’t make sense to focus on. Instead, concentrate on your primary specialization.
How to Select the Best Philosophy Essay Topic?
First of all, we recommend deciding on a direction that interests you more. It can be a theoretical aspect, applicative use of philosophy or even the integration of this science with others - for example, ontology or metaphysics. After all, it is essential to reflect your thoughts correctly in writing for any direction. You will need to use writing tools for students to show your judgments accurately in the essay. Sometimes this can be a difficult task when the authors of the papers get into a so-called flow state.
Secondly, choosing a good topic that can be compared with the opinions of already-known thinkers is necessary for a deeper justification of your point of view. To do this, use the appropriate essay quotation format to make your paper easy to read. After all, while we are not recognized philosophers, proving our claims will be helpful to get the highest score.
If you still need to get philosophy essay ideas, continue reading this article. Here you will find 70 interesting topics that you can use as a topic for your essay or get inspired to create your own.
Easy Philosophy Paper Topics
Often we want to avoid reinventing the wheel. We are interested in writing an exciting but easy essay. So, if you were looking for simple philosophical essay topics, here is the list of the top 10 topics in philosophy for your paper:
- Human Responsibilities in Different World Religions: Why are They Distinct?
- Good and Evil: Do They Have Anything in Common? Will They Be Able to Insulate One without the Other?
- Advantages and Disadvantages of a Hedonistic Approach to Life
- Life after Death: Should We Endure the Circumstances of the X-axis for a Better Future on the Y-axis?
- Why Ancient People Asked Themselves the Same Questions as We Do: Isn't Humanity Progressing?
- Do We Fulfill Our Moral Obligation to Parents by Helping Children?
- Three Features: Each from an Animal and an Angel. What is the Nature of Man?
- Is Genetic Engineering Ethical with Respect to the Laws of Nature?
- How Society Can Influence the Personal Choice of the Sense of Life for Each of Us
- Self-Determination of a Person & the Formation of our Microuniverse
Argumentative Philosophy Essay Topics
If you think more analytically, use it to your advantage. The argumentative type of philosophy essay is an unusual and exciting option for such papers since it requires strong thesis statement points. If you want to write exactly this sort of essay, these essay topics ideas will come in handy to decide on the topic of your work:
- Peaceful Protests/Desperate Battle: a Critical Analysis of the Philosophy of Resistance
- The Borderland Situation and Absurdity: Analytical Review.
- Explanation of the Path of any Subject to the Point of No Return. A Critical Analysis of "The Myth of Sisyphus" 1942.
- The Paradox of Absurdity and How to Find a Way Out of It: Follow the Rules or Set Yours
- Comparative Analysis of Forms of Globalization from the Point of View of Philosophy
- E. Leroy, P. Teilhard de Shader and Volodymyr Vernandskyi: Together About the Noosphere, Separately About its Functioning.
- Analysis of the Origins of the First Thinkers from the Point of View of Metaphysics.
- The Legal Aspect of Organ Cloning and Entire Human Cloning. Does it Make a Difference?
- Are People Obliged to Always Tell the Truth and Nothing But the Truth?
- Is Experience Acquired through Lived Years or Situations? Explanation of Each of the Parties.
Plato Essay Topics
Plato and Aristotle were the founders of philosophy in their classical sense. That is why writing an essay that will outline or refute Plato's reasoning is a surefire option to impress your teacher and stand out from the rest of the group. If you still don't know what to write about, below are the topics in the philosophy type of paper:
- Understanding a Being as a Multiplicity of Organic Elements According to Plato's Postulates.
- Reflection of the Philosophy of Truth As an Idea: Plato's Teaching
- Plato's way of Familiarizing themself with the Truth through Memories
- Is It Possible to Trace the Influence of Socrates on Plato's Philosophy: a Detailed Analysis
- Truth Exists, but It does not Exist until Being Developed - the Main Contradiction of Plato's System of Philosophy Understanding
- "Phaedo": Philosophy is the Science of Death.
- Plato's Dialectic: Philosophy is the Cornice that Crowns All Our Knowledge
- Platonic Vision of Four Types of Dialectics as Four Modes of the Soul Activity
- A Move Against Democracy from the Platonic Postulates of Understanding the State and Society According to Personal Philosophy
- Plato and the "Ladder of Love" in the "Banquet": Beautiful Bodies, Souls, Tempers and Sciences.
Worldview Essay Topics
Worldview and philosophy are similar concepts; they are rooted in the history of the human race. That is why this type of essay is interesting for both writing and reading. Choose your worldview essay topic from the options below to create your perfect piece of writing:
- Three-Aspect Structure of Worldview: Elements, Levels, Main Subsystems
- Mythological and Religious Types of Worldview: What do They Have in Common?
- Worldview as an Individual Prism of Multilevel Interaction Between Man and the World
- The Influence of Previous Generations on Modern Prejudices of our Outlook
- Ideological Form of Globalization. How does Social Media Affect It?
- The Noosphere as a Part of Countering Global Warming
- Modern Beauty Standards and the Bodily Phenomenon of Existence: What is the Connection between Them?
- Human Rights. Philosophy and Ethics
- Religious Beliefs as a Form of Philosophy Existence
- A Complex and Fragmented Approach to Studying the Worldview of Different Nations
Transcendentalism Essay Topics
Transcendentalism, as a new stage in the formation of philosophy, played a key role in its modern appearance. If you are more inclined towards more modernist lines of philosophy, these topics will suit you perfectly:
- Classical German Philosophy. Rational and Intelligent Thinking
- Subjectively Realistic Description of the Environment According to Categories of Philosophy
- The Influence of Transcendentalism on the Ongoing Development of Philosophy Accordingly to the Categories of Multiplicity and Necessity
- 10 Categories Denoting Deep Connections in being Relative to Transcendentalism: What Unites and Distinguishes Them
- Scientific Contemplation as a Mental Category through the Prism of the 20s Years of the 20th Century
- Life at the Intersection of the Past and the Future: Influence on Currents of American Transcendentalism Philosophy
- Modes of Perception of Time & Time as Duration: New ideas of Transcendentalists or Paraphrasing of Hegel's Postulates?
- Ontological Doctrines and their Essential Characteristics: Henry David Thoreau
- Concepts of Understanding Space and their Qualitative Changes Relative to New Views on Philosophy
- Nature for Self-Sufficiency as the Main Myth of Philosophy Currents at the Beginning of the 20th Century
Practical Philosophy Essay Topics
The theory is great. However, any science's practical and applied meaning is interesting for each of us. If you are interested in delving into the use of philosophy in modern society, these topics will not leave you indifferent:
- Everyday/Life Level of Philosophy
- Philosophy of Principles. What does It Mean to be Guided by a Certain Life Principle?
- Approach of Philosophy to the Life of Tibetan Monks - does It Correlate with Reality?
- Prejudice against Residents of Third World Countries: Reasons for Contempt for Their Mentality and Lifestyle
- Unpreparedness of College Teachers for Changes in the Education System: What are They Afraid of?
- Truth as the Last Instance of Communication with People. Is It Always Necessary?
- The Philosophy of Excessive Consumption in the USA. What Basis does it Have?
- Does the Concept of One's Opinion Exist in the Era of Oversaturation of Information?
- The use of Ancient Greek Postulates in Philosophy Today - is the Appeal to Classical Canons Still Relevant?
- The Concept of Ethical and Moral Principles in the Era of Excessive Permissiveness.
Enlightenment Essay Topics
Enlightenment played a huge role in all sciences and spheres of human life. It's a mind-blowing theme to write about. So, if you were looking for some ideas for your Enlightenment essay topic, we've prepared the best ones for you:
- Does the Urge to Study and Develop the Beautiful in Man Still Influence Modern Philosophy?
- Empiricism and Rationalism: Julien Aufre de Lametre's Attempt to Unite Them
- The Concept of Atheistic Speech of Enlightenment: Religious Dogmatics Debunktion by Voltaire
- Voltaire: Ignorance, Fanaticism, Delusion and Lies Are Cultivated by Christianity
- The State as a Level of Inequality between the Rich and the Poor, According to Rousseau's Views.
- The Immense Book of Nature as an Object of Knowledge According to Denis Diderot
- The Structure of Existence through Its Concepts: Elements, Substratum, Substance, Objective Reality beyond Human Consciousness and the Condition of Multiplicity.
- Concepts of Understanding Space and Time in Enlightenment Philosophy
- "Molecular Motion" by Paul Holbach: What is It?
- Social Life Based on the Principles of Reason and Justice - "About Reason" Andrian Helvetius
When studying in college, we often receive assignments from our specialty profiles and related subjects. Most of them are given to us for general development. This is often the case with the subject of philosophy. Writing an essay on philosophical topics is both a very interesting and a rather difficult task. It requires a clear and, at the same time, deep expression of your thoughts, their reasoning, and explanation.
The topics of these essays can be very diverse, and the main thing is to choose precisely the topic you will like. In our article, you were able to select a topic to your liking and will be able to write the best paper for the highest score.