Any college essay assignment should have a certain structure and correspond to certain rules the teacher or institution requires. Many students do not fully understand the specific features of a particular type of task and make mistakes in their compilation. This often leads to failure.
How to avoid mistakes? To accurately follow all the recommended rules and make admissions officers interested in your work, you can use an admissions essay writing service and order the paper you need from academic writers who have professional skills and experience. However, you can also do it on your own if you follow our tips!
Mistakes Not To Make In Essay Writing
- The first mistake is poor proofreading. It is not enough to check only spelling and punctuation. Reread your own essay and make sure that the structure flows eloquently, there are no ambiguous expressions, and repetition.
- Tentative forewords are often the cause of a poorly written essay, as it becomes uninteresting and the absence of examples of statements makes it dull and gray.
- Verbosity when writing a college paper does not lead to anything good, the fact is that the number of words in this genre is limited. Write my admissions essay and manage the optimal amount of words with care. Often you have to leave out various ideas or desired details.
- Your text should be easy to read, mistakes can be attributed to the use of long phrases, not always the length of the sentence determines its quality. In contrast, short, well-formulated proposals are more appreciated by readers. Much better if the author alternates short phrases with longer ones and doesn't use overused college essay topics.
- Substitution of essay concepts: You should give an analysis of any used literature, summarize the facts mentioned in the source. What not to write about in a college essay? The prospective student must express his or her own point of view and not just retell the story of cliche college essay topics.
Top 7 Bad Topics To Avoid For A College Essay
1. Do not write about politics if you are not a political scientist
Politics is the first college essay topics to avoid. Why? It is no accident that etiquette in different countries requires not to discuss politics, in conversation with colleagues, at a dinner party, or during quiet gatherings in the kitchen. Psychologists and sociologists argue that the popularity of the topic of politics speaks of the disadvantage of society.
2. Do not write about religion, even if you are very spiritual and visit worship services every without exception
Remember - religion is a bad college essay topics (even worse than politics). First, it is extremely difficult, you have to be a very educated person to talk about religion with knowledge. Secondly, it is very delicate, it's easy to offend your teacher or commission unintentionally, which is the main reason why it is better not to start.
3. Do not write about money and economic problems, if this is not your study area
If you ask what not to write in a college essay, the answer is, never write about money. Of course, money is a huge and integral part of our life, but it's not interesting for anyone to read about it in your admission paper. Also, you can inadvertently offend someone if you contrast different social classes.
4. Do not write about health problems (yours, your family or anyone else)
It is also one of those topics to avoid in college essays. In general, it is possible to touch on health issues but there is a danger of slipping into personal examples and this is inappropriate. Thus, you should avoid such topics. Hardly anyone from your professor likes to listen to exactly where and how much you ache, how you treated it and other purely personal things. This is a personal cliche college essay topic to avoid in any academic assignment (unless you are a medical student).
5. Do not write about the differences between people
Such arguments are very popular and in demand in modern society. But if you want to get a good mark and impress your teacher, do not use cliche college essay topics to avoid: racial, national, gender and other differences; at the very least, you do not want to be accused of discrimination or bigotry. In addition, by touching on such topics, you can provoke conflict in your class.
6. Be careful with personal tastes
Everything that concerns individual tastes (in music, literature, painting, clothing, cinema, etc.), you can use, but carefully. Still, it is one of college application essay topics to avoid, but not as strict.
Loudly declaring that you hate the Beatles or consider modern domestic music the only worthy genre, can cause disagreement with the teacher and students. You won't necessarily offend them, but it's just boring for everyone listening to what you love, there are many more interesting topics that you can disclose.
7. Anything that violates the law
Do not make your text about it, and make life easier for everyone. Do not tell stories (if you have them) and do not ask questions, do not write arguments about the laws, their use, and application. Laws are absolute for all, and it is important for you to keep your reputation.
You've read a list of things to avoid in your essay. In the other hand, we have a list of really good and actual essay topics for 2019 you'll be happy to explore in your college research.
Make Your Life Easier With Smart Writing Tools For Students
Sometimes there is no strength or motivation to write something, it does not matter. There is also no reason to fail the task. The most important thing is that you have the opportunity to order a text of any complexity by using our online service. It is fast, practical, convenient and cheap, so I do not see any reason to neglect such an opportunity if you are in a hurry.
Was this helpful?
Sorry about that
How can we improve it?