We bet that many of you have faced this form of academic written assignment at some point in your life and studies. Although it is not something we have to deal with in our everyday lives, it is still a common and quite a popular form of testing people’s knowledge and skills. Where is it used? This form of paper is rarely used by professional authors, but it is a common format of an academic paper that students get as a task in college. You can also see such tasks on TOEFL and IELTS tests. This format is also commonly found on university tests and examinations. The five-paragraph essay helps to write a clear response on the topic of a text. This format of work always includes an introduction, three main body paragraphs, and a conclusion. Writing them isn’t that hard if you understand what you are doing.
Let’s have a look at these parts to understand how to write a five-paragraph essay in a proper way.
5 Paragraph Essay Structure
The key to success in such task lies in a full correspondence with the given guidelines and universal standards of formatting and structuring such texts. Are you unsure how to structure it? The design of such text is always the same, and the main distinctive feature is the number of paragraphs included in the main body. Where to find an example? Here is how it should look like with a brief description of each section:
In the introduction you write about your topic, starting from a broad scope with general words and ending with your thesis statement that describes the main idea. You can begin here with a sentence that catches the attention of your reader. In the thesis you briefly tell about the main topic of your text and show your idea - it is like a story that announces the whole theme of your work or like a video trailer for a movie. The introduction shouldn’t be too long. It usually contains about three sentences without any details.
In the thesis statement, you should write a clear and strong argument, on which the rest of your five paragraphs essay will be based.
While proofreading, if you notice that your body paragraphs are not related to your thesis statement, you need to change it.
Three Body Paragraphs
In these paragraphs of your paper, you show ideas, facts, or thoughts that support your thesis and give some examples of these ideas.
It will be good if you find ideas from various sources such as books, history, someone’s experience, etc.
Give some interesting and engaging details and examples that could illustrate your thoughts well and make them convincing and clear.
The quantity of your arguments is usually from three to five.
In the first paragraph of such paper you must describe the most powerful idea and in the second you show the weakest argument. You can expose strong arguments in the last body paragraph.
Conclusion Of Essay
the conclusion, you usually restate your main idea but write it using other words and try to add some information that could emphasize all the arguments you have written to reinforce your thoughts successfully.
Here you should think about the impression that you want to leave your audience with. You can also briefly repeat your supporting arguments.
The other important facts are that in the conclusion you should begin with a specific sentence and end with a more general sentence - it’s like the reverse of an introduction. Try to avoid citations in this part of your work.
Don’t forget that the conclusion must be the essence of your text.
Best Tips On How To Prepare A SuccessfuFive-Paragraphph Essay
While writing a 5 paragraph essay, you can have some troubles or questions, and we have prepared some tips that could help you with your work.
- In conclusion, you can also add a paragraph hook. It is usually used at the end of the whole paper and it gives some unexpected information in one sentence. It may be a question or an unknown fact that could confuse your reader.
- Use a dictionary and thesaurus to show that your vocabulary is on a high level.
- Be creative and include unusual ideas in your text but don’t forget about the logical structure and the style of the paper.
- Think a lot of the arguments that you could use – they have to be strong, clear and easy to understand.
- Focus on the main theme. Try to avoid giving any extra information in the text and if you have found unnecessary information - redact it.
- Check your spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes carefully and be convinced that your text is easy to read.
- Adhere to the 5 paragraph essay format. Always follow the essay outline that you have prepared before and be ready to find the mistakes or rewrite the whole text if you noticed some problems with the structure or the style of your text. Thus, you may create a draft of the text after you have prepared an outline. Do this before you write the final version of the academic paper - this way you can save a lot of time.
Writing A Five Paragraph Essay Is Easy With Our Help
As the 5 paragraph essay is a common part of getting an education and many students receive such tasks both at school and at university or college, it’s important to have a strong understanding of the structure and format of the task.
In this article, we gave general information about the 5 essay paragraph composition that can help you while your work.
If you haven’t enough time for writing or can’t prepare a paper for any other reasons, our team can help you.
We are a service where you can order an essay that will be written by professional essay writers and will be delivered to you on time. We also have affordable prices that you would approve. Our high-qualified authors work on such texts carefully and with interest.
If you want someone to write your essay, you can contact us and give some details about your order before we start working. We guarantee that you will be satisfied in the end!