Picking a topic for your architecture dissertation or thesis can be a challenge because whether your final project is successful depends on it. It’s essential that you focus on your field of study to assure that your arguments are solid and strong. If you pick a topic that you feel comfortable with, writing your final draft will be easier. Still, and if you choose to go for a theme that you’re interested in, but have little or zero knowledge of, you should keep in mind that your chances of being 100% outstanding decrease. You also have to select topics that involve innovation and technology because the century we’re in, people care a lot about how these two things affect our everyday lives. If you talk about what interests others, you’ll have them hooked.
With this in mind, it’s vital that you stick to your field of study and the topics that are within it. If you’re clueless as to what to talk about, you can always go online and see what other people have to say and what they’re writing about; this could give you a heads up on what’s to come. If for example, you study architecture, there are many things that you could address in your final document.
The structures for buildings around the world change with the years and come from many different styles that have very different meanings because the cultures they were created in. This gives you an endless list of possibilities to talk about. There really are no limits when it comes to writing about architecture.
You could discuss the never-ending debate regarding whether old buildings should be preserved or not. All you’ll have to do is provide your idea and opinion based on a series of research that you’ll need to do prior to writing your final draft. A dissertation paper isn’t something that you do in one day; this document requires months and months of hard, tedious work, where you have to read a lot and work on your citation formats and turn in various pieces of work that others will revise and provide feedback for you to adjust and have the cycle repeat itself endless times.
When you’re faced with the task of writing a dissertation paper for your Ph.D. or Master’s degree, there is one thing that you need to keep in mind throughout the whole process – the topic. If you still have no idea of what to talk about, you can take a look at the list below, which will provide you with a series of topics that other students have been talking about throughout the years, and they are still popular.
Interesting Architecture Dissertation Topics
- How to know what the right number of restrooms is when building a large, public venue.
- Redefining a city through architecture.
- Maximizing small spaces: all there is to know.
- Building for the family: privacy and closeness.
- Cathedrals: using the new world’s budget to recreate the old world.
- Discuss the difference in the design of houses in cold climates and warm climates.
- Explain some benefits of using technological models in architectural diagrams.
- Provide an accurate description of an architectural model that would be appealing to a religious client.
- Discuss the nature of middle-class architecture and its place in modern society.
- Include elements of famous architects without copying their work.
- Getting people to move through energizing architecture.
- Architecture and the family. The need for closeness and privacy
- Cathedrals: Recreating the old world on a new world budget
Research Topics in Modern Design
The contemporary architecture will cover the hot topics in the field and a good place to start would be one of these engaging topics:
- Multicultural Architecture in the Urban Landscape
- Trends of Environmental Technology in Residential Structures
- Developing Commercial Projects for IoT
- Evaluating Design in Municipal Structures
- Creative Designs in the Modern Era
- Maximizing Resources and Space with Accessibility
- Minimalist Design in Compact Areas
- Methods of Mitigating Damage from Natural Disaster
- Methods of Pre-fabricated Design
- Features of Portable Housing Units
Sustainable Architecture Topics
With so much focus on the environment and technology associated with it, there is a significant push to develop green tech with design. Here are some ideas:
- Applications of Hemp in Building Structure
- Retrofitting Inefficiency with Existing Buildings
- Building in Response to Climate Change
- Micro-Construction for the Future
- Creating Self Sufficient Structures
- Calculating Solar Panel Output with Planning
- Determining Optimal Insulation R-Values
- Principles of Net Zero Design
- Reducing A Structure’s Carbon Footprint
- Heating and Cooling Systems with Renewable Energy
Trending Topics in Landscape Design
Architecture is more about structures, there is the landscape which accompanies it. You must consider many elements of the environment you place your structures. Here are a few topics you can use:
- Planning for Water Scarcity and Droughts
- Maximizing Green Space in Residential Designs
- Managing Flood Zones with Climate Change
- Revitalizing Landscapes
- Reducing Development Risks with Wildlife
- Principles of Urban Agriculture
- Optimizing Drainage for Water Conservation
- Child-Friendly Landscapes
- Retaining Green Cities in Periods of Growth
- Efficient Public Infrastructure
Who said architecture couldn’t be exciting? With these modern architecture dissertation topics, you’re well on your way to getting your proposal approved. A dissertation is a rewarding academic achievement that is quite exhausting, which is why some students buy dissertation. With much new technology and urban requirements coming into the mix, a degree in architecture is well worth the investment. Don’t be afraid to ask for architecture dissertation help as we at PapersOwl are here to assist 24 hours. We cover all aspects of academic writing and can work with a portion of your paper or even do the whole dissertation. So if you’re stuck, reach out to us.
Was this helpful?
Sorry about that
How can we improve it?