Essays on Of Mice and Men
The go-to novel by John Steinbeck is the subject of a high number of research papers, due to the complexity of topics chosen for exemplification through the characters and the connections and interactions between them. Thus, as the motto foretells, Of Mice and Men reveals the struggles of ranch handymen, George Milton and Lennie Small, to reach their life-long dream, in a time that does not favor idealists, during the Great Depression. The two opposite and at the same time, complementary characters, want to raise enough money to buy a ranch of their own. Just when the ideal situation comes within hand’s reach, the harsh reality intervenes and irreversibly turns things upside-down. The main situations of the story are rather simple to outline, but the intricacies of the characters’ interactions create a complex web of themes and insights into human nature.
When having to deal with writing an essay on Of Mice and Men, the possibilities are rich, as it doesn’t lack examples of themes to be explored. We pride ourselves in creating essays on most requests that literary analysis has thought of, on the matter. So, our writers have covered subjects such as:
- The characters’ evolution while chasing the dream.
- Persuasive essay on friendship and whether loyalty was misplaced in this case.
- Human nature in the form of extreme evil versus good intentions, to the point of being oblivious to the truth.
- Argumentative essay on how any idealist needs to overcome obstacles set in its path by society’s biased opinions.
- Its impact in literary history, as transcending beyond the novel’s themes, there were many heated debates surrounding it, with contrary opinions of critics, leading to its ban and censorship.