Donate your essay and get 10$ for each one!
Upload your essay and after it checking you will get money in your bonus account.
A. Attention Getter: In a raise of hands, how many people have heard about or played Fortnite? How many people have actually won a game in Fortnite? Fortnite is a free-to-play video game, developed by Epic Games, where you battle either alone, in duos, or in squads with friends in a fight to be the last one standing out of 100 people.
B. Relevance of topic to audience: From seeing some hands raised earlier when I asked about who has heard or played Fortnite, as well as having multiple friends here at ISU who play the video game, I believe it is important for you to hear what I have to say because a lot of us are connected to it in some way.
How it works
C. Credibility: I have played Fortnite for over a year with my friends and it has been a way to communicate with friends here at ISU and back at home.
D. Thesis: To fully understand why Fortnite has grown to be a game played across the world, it is important for you to learn about the aspects and objective of Fortnite, the televised and streamed Fortnite tournaments, and the stats of how many people are playing as well as the celebrities who have played.
E. Preview: Therefore, we will first learn about the aspects and objective of Fortnite, next, we will dig deeper and talk about the live streamed and even televised tournaments, and finally, we will go in depth about the stats on how many people are playing and the celebrities known to have played.
Transition: To begin, we will learn about the aspects and objective the game consists of.
A. First, we will dig deep on what exactly happens when you play Fortnite.
1. According to John Bedford, author of “Fortnite: Battle Royale Guide,” published in 2018, lists some of the different mechanisms involved in the game such as getting resources and building, weapon rarities, and managing the storm.
a. Wood, stone, and metal are the three types of resources. Wood being the weakest and metal being the strongest. You use these resources to build structures to protect yourself from the opposing enemy.
b. The weapon rarities include grey, green, blue, purple, and gold. Grey being the most common and least powerful, and gold being the hardest to find and most powerful.
c. As the game progresses, “The Storm Eye” closes in on players, forcing them to move closer to each other and not hide out. The storm does take damage to your health and as the game gets closer to the end, it takes more and more damage.
2. Another aspect of the game is the emotes or the dances you can perform within the game. In fact, according to “Dexerto,” a website hosted by a company that gathers information on the new popular video games, published on March 1st, 2018, says that one of Fortnite’s most entertaining parts is its ability for players to engage in doing emotes.
a. Some emotes include popular dances such as the floss dance and the shoot dance.
Transition: Now that we have learned about the aspects of Fortnite, let us talk about tournaments.
B. Tournaments such as the Summer Skirmish and Friday Fortnite are televised on twitch, a streaming platform for video games, and national TV.
1. According to “Epic Games,” the website that officially gives information on the latest Fortnite news, published in 2018, states, “The Fortnite Summer Skirmish is an 8-week series of competitions where we’ll be awarding $8,000,000 in prize money!”
a. In order to win, you have to earn the most points out of all the competitors for the week. The best way to earn points is through winning games and getting a lot of eliminations.
2. According to “UMG Gaming,” a website specifically for video game tournaments, published in 2018, talks about Friday Fortnite and what it is. You will either play alone or with one other friend in which you join a game together with one or two opponents in a fight to get the most eliminations. There are two games and whichever team ends with the most eliminations will move onto the next round.
Transition: Now that we have talked about tournaments, let us learn about the stats on how popular Fortnite really is and the celebrities known to have played.
C. The amount of people playing Fortnite across different platforms has dramatically increased over the last six months. Some of your favorite celebrities have played Fortnite.
1. In a YouTube video, “Video Game Experts Explain What Makes Fortnite So Popular-And Profitable,” published on July 26, 2018 by NBC News, Joost Van Dreunen, a video game expert, talks about why Fortnite makes so much money and attracts so many players. (VISUAL AID) 50 seconds- 1:20.
2. According to Justin Kirkland, author of “10 Celebrities Who Play Fortnite, Ranked,” published on May 11, 2018, points out celebrities such as Drake, Travis Scott, and Lil Yachty have recently said they have played Fortnite.
Transition: To conclude…
A. Thesis/Summary: Fortnite has grown to be a worldwide phenomenon that continues to be on the rise. Fortnite consists of many different parts that we have now learned about such as the weapon rarities and the emotes. Tournaments, such as Fortnite Friday and Summer Skirmish, have been widely displayed through Twitch as well as national TV. We learned about stats like how many people are playing Fortnite and the celebrities like Drake who have played.
B. Memorable Close: Hopefully after learning more about Fortnite, you will have a better chance at winning your next game.
Make sure your essay is plagiarism-free or hire a writer to get a unique paper crafted to your needs.
Our writers will help you fix any mistakes and get an A+!GET QUALIFIED HELP
Please check your inbox.I NEED PLAGIARISM-FREE ESSAY
Hi! I'm Amy,
your personal assistant!
Don't know where to start? Give me your paper requirements and I connect you to an academic expert.get professional help