An area often overlooked in essay writing is the conclusion. Students get their homework assignments, they stress over where they’ll find resources, which citation format they’ll use and how to write a great introduction. But very few give considerations to the importance to the end. An argumentative essay conclusion is particularly important. In these papers you do much more than to inform the audience on a particular matter. You need to state a case and do so with confidence.
Create a summary of your text
Further, you need to state your essay conclusion on a high note that reinforces the points you have made. If you wrap up your paper with a “that's all folks” your teacher will give you a bad grade for such a weak exit. Well, we are here to put some oomph in how you leave the readers at the end of your paper. So if you’re asking yourself how to write a conclusion for an argumentative essay you’ve come to the right place. Follow these tips from the pros and you’ll improve your writing, get better grades and won`t need to buy argumentative essay online.
What To Write A Conclusion For An Argumentative Essay
The most important part of a conclusion paragraph for an argumentative essay is your tone. Speak with authority. Review your college argumentative essay outline and bring your most compelling points back to the foreground with some reminders of evidence. The reason the end has so much power is that readers often forget earlier parts of your paper, which is where writers often make their best claims. So instead of letting your audience off the hook, bring them back into your main arguments to give them something to think about.
How To Format Conclusion Of An Argumentative Essay?
The vanilla variety of your argumentative essay conclusion format should include the lead in (detailed below) and then mention one point from each of your paper's paragraphs. Using this setup when you write an argumentative essay will allow you to hammer out some hard facts to re-convince your audience and refresh them to your position and why it is correct. Once you have validated your position you can then finish off with a call to action. This part will stipulate a need to go forward to implement or correct a current trend.
How to start a conclusion of an argumentative essay?
Learn how to write a conclusion for an argumentative essay from the beginning. A good tip is to restate your main argument. You can either restate a claim and some facts. Or you can do this in the form of a question. When leading into the end, make sure you make a good transition from the rest of your paper so the reader doesn’t break off without hearing what you have to say.
Argumentative Essay Conclusion Examples
You may reference these examples for your own paper, but be sure to reward them so you don’t get busted for plagiarism. In the first example we use the closing statement for a global warming essay. This paper in particular wants to give a compelling reason for people to act on the substance of the text.
- In our detailed analysis of increased global temperatures, we found the earth cannot sustain this course. Icecaps will continue to melt and erode away shore lines, many species face extinction and arable land will be greatly reduced. Therefore, we must implement renewable energy strategies to ensure the future of our planet.
In matters of public policy, to persuade others to a particular reason it is important to add an emotional element to justify your argument as being morally right. We present an example on the case on whether social media needs to be regulated
- As technology expands itself into the realm of how society receives information it is found that social media outlets have too much influence over public opinion. An x percentage of responded that they receive their daily news from platforms on Facebook and social media’s filtration algorithms indicate that private entities may invest in social media to increase the audience of their ideas while filtering out opposing positions. If you value free and fair information, we must act to regulate digital media to ensure freedom of the press.
Often times teachers may give you a task to help you with career objectives. You may be asked to make a case to implement a project you’ve been working on. Such a good conclusion to for argumentative essay may look as follows.
- When given the option to launch either project, my plan calls for meeting x,y, and z obstacles which will enhance processes, produce more revenue and is easily managed. If we elect to go with the other project we run the risk of a,b, and c which could overrun our budget and deadlines.
Examples 4, 5
Many controversial good argumentative essay topics rely solely on an emotional appeal to what readers feel is right or wrong. Issues such as abortion are very sensitive and rely mostly on a moral perspective of what is right or wrong. Whether you are pro-choice and believe abortion is a fundamental right for women, or if you’re pro-life and believe a fetus has the right to life, be sure to make a compelling argument that gives sound reasons for your position. We will present two conclusions for both sides of the coin. First with the pro-choice argument.
- The right to choice is a woman’s fundamental right. Without it, women are stripped of their rights in social relationships as it is the women’s duty to carry a fetus to term. Further analysis illustrates how unwanted pregnancies are detrimental to the life and well being of both mother and child. Without the right to choose, women are subjected to dangerous methods of claiming their rights to their bodies.
- Life is a fundamental right guaranteed by the constitution. To deny the unborn their rights to life is the same as denying rights to any other population protected by law such as those with special needs, chronically ill, the elderly. The scientific studies presented prove that life starts at inception and to carry out a policy of pro-choice is nothing less than murder. We must save the unborn and speak up as a voice to ensure their rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
How To Finish An Argumentative Essay Conclusion Paragraph
When putting together your call to action, a good strategy is to press your audiences emotional buttons backed up with facts to promote a need to act. This call to action will validate the arguments have you made and help to win people over to your site. Frame your arguments to give the reader a choice of total disaster or to follow your ideas i.e. “If we don’t act, we will have a crisis” or “By adhering to this plan we will achieve incredible results”. Logic may win arguments but if something doesn’t feel right, you won't attract people to your perspective.
The finale of your papers plays an instrumental role in winning arguments and getting results. With the right ending, you can give your reader something to walk away with and to think about for the future. Take a look at some of the examples to use as a style reference to include in your own papers. If you are strapped for time you can hire our professional writers in our argumentative essay writing services who can get the job done for you in as little as three hours.